appealing in bucks non qualification

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
monica1

appealing in bucks non qualification

Post by monica1 »

Hello,
this is my first post,so apologies if I ramble.I have read all the QAs a few times now but still have questions.
Our son got 112 with 118.07 in verbal, 108.87 in Maths and 103.72 in NV.Born in September so got no additional points.
We were unsuccessful in the selection review panel.
The head gave him a 1 for grammar school suitability and 1 for attitude to learning. We had a GP letter referring us to a psychologist because our son gets very nervous in test conditions.
The form also stated he was level 5 in all areas.He is in the top set for Maths,English,Science and French.
So we think the panel didn't provide a fair, consistent and objective review.
How do we prove it??
Second question : he is a great musician and I have heard that being good at music theory is also regarded as academic suitability. He has his grade 1 theory and is preparing his grade 5 currently although he hasn't taken it yet but we have a letter from his teacher to testify his level. Would that help at all?
Thank you for your help.
Guest55

Re: appealing in bucks non qualification

Post by Guest55 »

Welcome!

HT were asked to give letters for their KS2 recommendations - what letters were given?

What did the review feedback say? How many 1,1s qualified?

FCO is not about saying their decision was wrong. Have you looked at the Bucks sticky on that aspect?
monica1

Post by monica1 »

thank you guest55 for your reply.
He got level 5 for all subjects and c for current performance (is that above expected??)
The review feedback said they agreed with the HT (who gave an amazing recommendation letter) but that they thought his anxiety was enough as a reason to explain the poor score?? it doesn't make sense if they agreed with the HT !
What do you mean by the Bucks sticky??
thank you for your help.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So what reason did they give for not alowing the review?

C = above average

D = well above average

If you scroll down you will find the Bucks area section and this thread:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now