Low scores, advise please!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
James1

Post by James1 »

Thank you that is very helpful.
So as I understand it, my son obviously hadn't done well enough to get through to the finals in February.
Although in his favour it looks as though only four pupils in the class( presuming class no.of 20) would have received a Silver Certificate. Have I understood that correctly?
What do you feel I should submit with his certificate - the information on the breakdown of how many Gold/Silver/Bronze given out in the class??
Sorry, so many questions!!
James1

Post by James1 »

Hi Sharonne,

Just read some of your threads and it does indeed seem like we are in similar positions. Lets hope that the panel agree that the academic ability speaks for itself.
Good luck and keep us posted as to the outcome.
James1

Post by James1 »

Etienne/Guest 55

I have just emailed the Maths Association who set the Primary Maths Challenge and asked if they have stats for no's of children who would have received a siver certificate and what mark is needed to get a silver/gold. Hopefully then I can go forward to the appeal fully armed with all the info. As he didn't get through to the finals, this information may not mean much anyway!
Will let you know if I receive anything of interest.
sharone

Post by sharone »

Dear James1

Will do. Finding the whole thing very depressing, especially as we moved to Bucks from Bicester in the hope of getting the kids into grammar. Still, fingers crossed, for both of our kids.