11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

No sign of it yet. :D
Etienne
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Hi Again,

My daughters appeal is on Jan 15th, I have sorted out a letter from the year 6 school teacher it is very good talks about her academic ability etc and I have included the year 5 report which states strong academic achievement, the only problem I have is my letter from the GP regarding my preganancy. I am still waiting for my midwife to hand over the notes so I can get them to the GP who hopefully can do a letter of support, I was hoping to get all this sorted prior to xmas but the M/W has only just responded. The M/W is hoping to get them to me Sunday but then I have to get them to the GP which means I won't get them there 9 days prior to the appeal.........what do you advise I do as I do not want them to get missed if I turn up on the day with them......or will they really only be interested in the academic side of it. I need to send off the report and the teachers letter but have been hanging on for the GP.

Hope you can help. Thanks

Caz34red
Caz34red
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Caz

It is perfectly acceptable to turn up with the GPs letter on the day. Take the original and 6 copies. The original and one copy goes to the clerk, then a copy for each panel member, the LEA rep and yourself.

All you need to do is explain briefly why there was a delay. I am sure that the panel will not overlook the evidence.

Good luck for the 15th!

Sally-Anne
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Thank You Very Much
Caz34red
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Can;t the midwife do the letter for you? - she was the one looking after you / knows when you delivered etc etc and may be able to get the letter done more quickly than the GP. ... :wink:
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Don't know why, didn't feel I could ask her it took her 3 weeks to get back to me to say she would get the notes (I thought we got on well as she was my midwife for all 4 of my children the oldest being the 11+ appeal) but have just spoken to my GP and said he would do it Monday, he is quite new so keen and eager!!!! :D

Thanks for your reply hermanmunster
Caz34red