Can someone explain ?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Everyone will know their child's position on the Order of Suitability from the Head's Summary Sheet (provided their child was ranked).

The full Order of Suitability is made available with the appeal papers a week or so before the hearing (it includes the scores actually achieved, but not pupil names). The examples in the thread Sticky: Bucks Order of Suitability give a rough idea of what to expect, but I'll see if I can lay hands on a real example and add it to the thread.

Some parents have succeeded in getting a pretty good idea of the Order of Suitability as a whole by asking the school. The argument to use is that you're going to see it anyway the week before the hearing, - but the school has to be cautious because their copy has the pupils' names on it.
Etienne
guesttttt

Post by guesttttt »

Do all counties and schools within counties have an order of suitability?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Bucks is unusual - its secondary education system is wholly selective, and most of the grammar schools have not sought foundation status.

I'm not aware of any other authority that has a system quite like the Order of Suitability, but would be interested to hear of any that do.
Etienne
dejavu

OoS importance

Post by dejavu »

One parent told me that a few years ago in Bucks they decided not to use the ranking system for the appeal, but the appeal panel found it even harder to come to decisions so they reinstated it.
many thanks
dejavu
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I think this is correct. There was one year when there was no OoS in Bucks.
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes I remember it well :cry: Made it very difficult for panels if they weren't good at data - ours argued with the LA rep who was supporting our comment!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now