Appeal in Gloucester

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ash14

Appeal in Gloucester

Post by ash14 »

We have our appeal next month and I’ve been speaking to parents who have had appeals for other schools in the area and I was wondering;
Is it a bad thing if there are not questions asked of academic ability for a non-qualification appeal?

Also our appeal is based on over-subscription so any help of what we may be asked. We have written everything on our letter to the panel but just want to be prepared as I am a waffler so any help would be appreciated
fab5

Re: Appeal in Gloucester

Post by fab5 »

Hi ash14
We had our appeal last week in Gloucester for non-qualification.
Just received a letter we won the appeal.
:D

we were asked about his academic performance, how he was feeling after writing the exam.
ash14

Post by ash14 »

congratulations you must be over the moon. Which school was it?
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Have you looked at the stickies for Gloucestershire appeals. I know there are some as we used them and then I added to them afterwards. They might be able to answer your question especially for your specific school.
fab5

Post by fab5 »

The crypt school
Which school are u appealing for u?
Ya still not able to believe we won the appeal :D
ash14

Post by ash14 »

Hello
We had highet change with Marling but we too have been offered a place at the Crypt school
Last edited by ash14 on Tue May 24, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theseneschal

Post by theseneschal »

Congratulations on getting a place!

We have DD appeal fairly soon and I feel sick with nerves. I'm sure I'm not the only one :lol: was your panel hearing as daunting as they sound? Or were they human :?

It's an amazing result to get a place on appeal, I wondered what in your appeal hearing you thought made the most difference to succeeding? For example arguing case, supporting paper work you supplied earlier, good questions from the panel?
happyb

Post by happyb »

We appealed in Gloucester and the panel asked us why we would send our son to gramer school when he was ill and under a consultant at the hospital needless to say we left feeling that we stood no chance as they had asked nothing about his academic ability however yesterday we had out letter to say they had given him a place so happy
fab5

Post by fab5 »

Hi happyb
Congratulations
which school did ur DS get placed?
Thanks