TWGSB Appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NotEnoughHours

TWGSB Appeals

Post by NotEnoughHours »

Hi,
does anyone know how many appeals there were this year for Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys please?
twellsmum

Re: TWGSB Appeals

Post by twellsmum »

I think there were 65 at the cut off date (13 April). This had reduced to 55 at the time of the Stage 1 meeting and when we had our Stage 2 on Wednesday there were 48 but some may have dropped out in the last two days of appeals (ie, Thursday and Friday). HTH.
NotEnoughHours

Post by NotEnoughHours »

Thank you so much twellsmum, that is a great help :) that seems a lot fewer appeals than past years! Did they say when the results will be sent out? Best of luck with your appeal! Thanks again xx
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I don't think it is that much different. The year we appealed for my older son (now Year 9) there were about the 40-50 mark I think (from memory 3 and a half days of appeals). The year before I think they had 10 days of appeals (yikes!) but from what I have gathered from other parents (think I have known someone appealing for TWGSB each year for the last 7-8 years!) about 60 is average. Of course what helps now is that thanks to Skinners and Judd increasing their intake in my both my sons' years all the appeals were from H assessed boys. The year there were so many there were lots of G assessed boys from long distances away. Results should be with us by next Friday or Saturday (going to be a long week!).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now