Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catseye

Re: CAF

Post by Catseye »

zeinab wrote:
Catseye wrote:Hi- Zeinab, how is my adopted daughter doing ? :wink:

I have also been following your plight. You must be one of the most resilient and determined mums I have ever come across :D

How are the boys ?

Hi Catseye. Thank you for your kindness that you've shown me in the past and we're all good thank you. How are you? :)

Etienne, please check your inbox. :)
Good thanks, in A level fever here with DS, DD looking on in horror at what's coming her way but I will let her chill for now.

I'm still fighting on all fronts for a fairer system for all where privilege does not beget privilege- simply because of an accident of birth- I and my OH had free school meals, free tertiary education including full grants-who am I to deny it to others ?

I'm always happy to put my money where my mouth is and walk the walk as well as ...... I and my family are incredibly privileged the basis of which was paid for by this wonderful country that gave you and me shelter from the storm.

The wealthy should pay back with interest imho voluntarily or by force.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

on 7th June Etienne wrote:Sounds chaotic!
I wonder if they're going to claim that they sent you an email with their decision, which must have gone astray.
Sadly, I seem to have guessed correctly. :(

This isn't going to be easy, I'm afraid. Their review looks very thorough (superficially, at least).

I need more time to cross-check what they say with all the previous documents and correspondence.

Will try and come back to you within a day or two.
Etienne
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Please take your time, as there's no rush, Etienne. Thank you.
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Catseye wrote:
zeinab wrote:
Catseye wrote:Hi- Zeinab, how is my adopted daughter doing ? :wink:

I have also been following your plight. You must be one of the most resilient and determined mums I have ever come across :D

How are the boys ?

Hi Catseye. Thank you for your kindness that you've shown me in the past and we're all good thank you. How are you? :)

Etienne, please check your inbox. :)
Good thanks, in A level fever here with DS, DD looking on in horror at what's coming her way but I will let her chill for now.

I'm still fighting on all fronts for a fairer system for all where privilege does not beget privilege- simply because of an accident of birth- I and my OH had free school meals, free tertiary education including full grants-who am I to deny it to others ?

I'm always happy to put my money where my mouth is and walk the walk as well as ...... I and my family are incredibly privileged the basis of which was paid for by this wonderful country that gave you and me shelter from the storm.

The wealthy should pay back with interest imho voluntarily or by force.

Good luck to DS. I'm sure he'll do very well. And I think it is wise to let your DD play hard so as to recharge her batteries for next year.

Yes I agree with you. I have been blessed as many don't have access to that help.
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Hi Etienne

Have sent you 2 emails.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hi zeinab

I see the ESFA have now admitted that they are responsible for the delays in your case, because they inputted your email address incorrectly.
I note they have said that, owing to how their systems are set up, they do not receive error messages regarding non-deliverable emails.
It is very distressing and unsatisfactory, especially when you have at all times acted with great restraint and patience.
However, the head of Academies, Complaints and Admissions has written personally to apologise, and says that measures are being taken to ensure such errors do not occur in future. I doubt that there is anything more you can do.

With regard to the substance of your complaint, I'm not convinced that the final two issues have been properly addressed - but it won't be easy to establish that the ESFA's procedure - as opposed to its judgement - is wrong. (It is possible to complain about a failure to follow procedure, but not about the judgement itself.)

As far as the ESFA is concerned, I'm afraid the complaint is now closed.
As a last resort you could see whether your MP thinks there is any scope for pursuing the matter, and I will draft some specific points for you to raise.
Etienne
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

My sincere thanks for still standing by me. Would not be still here if it wasn't for you, Etienne.

Respects. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now