Mishap immediately prior to test (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tropicmama

Mishap immediately prior to test (Bucks)

Post by tropicmama »

My DS sat the Bucks transfer test last Thursday and I found out at the end of the day, when I picked him up, that he had quite a fall rushing into school in the morning. This information funnily enough did not come from him but from a couple of mums and a child minder who witnessed it that morning, as apparently quite a few people saw it and gasped. Sure enough, I saw quite a sizeable graze on his right elbow going down his arm. While it is quite big (perhaps about 3-4 inches in length, abut 1-2 in width), it isn't deep. He assured me that it didn't put him off his exam (I can only assume this happened about half an hour before it) but that his arm was hurting for the first half or so of the first paper (he is right handed). Fingers crossed he was telling me the truth that it didn't affect him psychologically but I am worried that the discomfort might have affected his speed and concentration. If he narrowly misses the qualification mark, would this be a possible ground for an appeal? I have photo evidence and am certain there were a number of witnesses.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Mishap immediately prior to test (Bucks)

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As with any appeal, I would imagine you would have to provide evidence of academic ability first and foremost. You may then be able to use the fall as extenuating circumstances as to why he did not perform at the expected level.
tropicmama

Re: Mishap immediately prior to test (Bucks)

Post by tropicmama »

Oh yes, of course. I haven't ventured much into this section of the forum but since Thursday I have been browsing around. I am quite positive that the mishap didn't affect my DS adversely but I can't be certain as he is the type who will say he's fine even when he's not. I am hoping that if it came to that, the head teacher will be quite accommodating and helpful, as he is in a good position to do so - he has known my DS since he was in Year 1 and has been his class teacher as well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now