advice required (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: advice required (Bucks)

Post by Guest55 »

I don't think enough Heads really understand the difference.
I've e-mailed a couple of Heads about letters they have sent home using the word appeal when they mean review and vice-versa; too few seem to understand the nature of the 'paper exercise'.
Purple Teapot

Post by Purple Teapot »

Hi everyone - thank you so much for your help - my decision is made I am going to appeal in March onwards. Feel this is the best opportunity going forward and will give my ds a chance to improve on his writing and for us to build a strong case. Funnily enough our Y6 teacher did say that they will find it very difficult with the new curriculum and expectations for any children to be at GDS in writing?! But we will work hard on it and see what will transpire - I am a firm believer that what will be will be and that DS will do well wherever he goes with his sunny character and of course support from us but I do feel deep down he will be better suited at gs - so here goes! Thanks again for your words of wisdom this truly is an exceptional forum. Good luck to everyone with their SR and no doubt I will be back with more questions come appeal time! :)
Purple Teapot

Post by Purple Teapot »

Starting to pull together our appeal :? :roll: and I have a couple of queries which I wondered if anyone could help. First of all does anybody have a breakdown of 11plus results against primary schools in bucks ie the number of children who passed from each school last year (2015) - I need this info for my appeal and I am sure last year someone had this information in a spreadsheet - it would be really helpful if anybody could guide me towards this? Secondly my HT did a summary report - are they in a position to update/amend this or can they write an additional letter of support - Not sure if the school have to submit the summary report in the appeal as we didn't do a selection review? and finally my ds has received his mock sats results and for the life of me I don't understand the results! Again is anyone in a position to tell me how to fathom the results so I can see if my ds is working at gds in the subjects as I would like to submit these results in our appeal! Apologies for the questions and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

1. The qualification stats you need are on this page for 2016: Transfer test analysis by Primary School http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/educ ... tatistics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's really 2016 you are after, PM me the name of the primary school and I can let you have those. (I have them all, dating back to 2010, sad old bat that I am. :lol: )

2. The Head can submit an amended summary sheet and/or a letter.

3. SATs - no idea I'm afraid! G55 should be along in a while to help with that one.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Would you like to PM me the scores and I'll do my best? If you also PM me the school then I'll look at its 2016 results or you could do that yourself on the performance website.
Purple Teapot

Post by Purple Teapot »

Thank you so much Sally-Anne and Guest55 your help is as always brilliant - a cyber bottle of wine being passed to you. PT x :wink:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You are welcome :)

https://www.compare-school-performance. ... se=primary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Writing progress was weak across the LA [see the -1.6 in the writing column]... here you can find your child's school.
Purple Teapot

Post by Purple Teapot »

Hi me again! I have now received the dates for the Stage 1 and Stage 2. I need to submit my full case to county but am struggling on the over subscription part - I have completed the academic part & extenuating circumstances but am clueless on the oversubscription bit. I have put down why we feel the school is best suited to our child, in catchment etc but I don't know how to fight the taking my child over the PAN element of the appeal - I haven't received the case notes from county yet either but am aware that I cant wait much longer as I need to submit the papers to county. Do I include in my case why they should take my child over pan or is this discussed at the stage 1 appeal? What if there are questions raised at the Stage 1 appeal that I wish to include in my case but by then I have already submitted my case? I know I am going round in circles and I have read the appeals info but I cant see how people are fighting against class sizes. pan, etc etc when I don't have this information to hand? Any help would be wonderful - thank you everyone PT x :roll: :idea:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

PM me the school you are appealing for and I'll tell you the numbers in each year group as of Jan 2017.
Purple Teapot

Post by Purple Teapot »

Hi Guest -thank you I have pm'd you x