Selection Review Preparation. Bucks 11 +

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kash72

Re: Selection Review Preparation. Bucks 11 +

Post by Kash72 »

Does this mean that on academic ability alone and no extenuating circumstances the review case is weak?

Also with national levels being scrapped and each school using its own method of recording attainment how can the panel have any consistent understanding of the information presented to them?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I've heard that the Heads are being asked to predict the KS2 test scores within certain ranges.

You can send off for a review pack and see.
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Can I just ask if we go for a selection review and are unsuccesful does this mean we can not go to appeal afterwards?

Also would it be worth getting an educational psychologist involved at this stage?

I would also like to know would it be the Headteacher who will be able to provide information regarding reading age or should I look for a separate body to get this info?

Sorry but Im finding the process a little bit daunting!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can go to appeal after an unsuccesful review but check out the thread about the FCO 'hurdle'.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Kash72 wrote:Can I just ask if we go for a selection review and are unsuccesful does this mean we can not go to appeal afterwards?
Are you sure you've followed the links, and read the Q&As?
    • E9 (2)
      (i) Parents can opt for a review or for an appeal
      - or for both
      (but an unsuccessful review could have serious implications for any subsequent appeal because the Appeals Code states that, provided the review was ‘fair, consistent and objective’, no other issues can be considered at appeal).
      http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e9b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also would it be worth getting an educational psychologist involved at this stage?
Probably too late for a review.
I would also like to know would it be the Headteacher who will be able to provide information regarding reading age or should I look for a separate body to get this info?
Yes, there will be a section on the review summary sheet where the head is asked to fill in details of any tests.
Sorry but Im finding the process a little bit daunting!
It is! :)
Etienne
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Thanks Etienne

I think we will opt for the review so that we dont risk losing out on the first round of allocations, if successful that is io course provided on the Heads support.
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Can you guide me to a sample of a letter of some sort that can give me an idea on how to write my supporting parents statement?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Kash72 wrote:Can you guide me to a sample of a letter of some sort that can give me an idea on how to write my supporting parents statement?
You have a sample letter in the Q&As - I referred to it above:
Etienne wrote:You prepare by following the links I've given which will take you to academic evidence (for a review or appeal) and to extenuating circumstances. We even draw attention to a letter of appeal that can "easily be adapted for a review"!
Is there anything we haven't covered? :)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

Thank you Etienne, I have a banging head and am feeling very stressed! Thank God for this forum and your invaluable help :)
Kash72

Post by Kash72 »

I have read 'Marys Letter' and was wondering would it be worth mentioning that my dd already has an older brother at GS and felt pressure to perform well?

Also at selection review is it worth including extra curricular activities like learning languages outside of school? Should I also write about what kind of child my dd is and why she wants to attend gs?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now