Appeal (Kent)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
relaxedMum77

Re: Appeal (Kent)

Post by relaxedMum77 »

I rang the school where we have given up our place and with no reply I then e-mailed them and asked them to confirm receipt of my e-mail.... but heard nothing!!! I can only assume that they have got it, offered the place to someone else and can't be bothered to confirm receipt of e-mail to me!!
I think that's it.. can't do anymore. I do find it a bit rude that they haven't replied !
Crackerjax

Post by Crackerjax »

oh at least it's not just me then, I just would have liked the chance to say thank you .. dd was quite happy at the thought of going there and compared to other schools in our area it's fab .. never looked at it for dd1 so was really impressed when we went to see it.
But it's someone else's first choice and therefore will be glad of the place :)
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Three years ago, my DS was offered a grammar school on appeal so I rang the school he had been allocated but had to leave a message on an answerphone saying we no longer wanted the space. I did not hear anything so emailed a few days later. No response. I then sent them a letter. No response. Then on 2nd September they emailed me asking why my son had not turned up! I knew they also had a waiting list and all three communications could not have gone astray but when we were in the same situation with younger son (same schools) I rang repeatedly until I spoke to someone and then asked them to confirm in writing that they acknowledged I no longer wanted the place.
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

It's terrible really. As I know the school place we have given up will be wanted by many! The school is SO over-subscribed and will have a huge waiting list... I really hope they have offered the place we created. I do know the school is terrible with regards communication as I have a child there!
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

relaxedMum77 wrote:I do know the school is terrible with regards communication as I have a child there!
Seems you have your own postman :)

Congrats BTW - very pleasing to see common sense prevailed!
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Well.. no surprise.. having left messages AND e-mailed the school to release my DS place; they have called this morning asking why he is not at his induction day there today!!