Urgent 11+ non-qulification appeal Bucks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
astro

Re: Urgent 11+ non-qulification appeal Bucks

Post by astro »

the 2013 Ofsted report states ..........

[Content noted, and then edited by moderator to maintain confidentiality]
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

astro wrote:I spoke to bucks county council admission's this morning they said that i can change my school preference to include grammar schools on the list until 21st November.
Good! :)
Is it worth mentioning that his other siblings go to grammar school which put more pressure on him to passs the transfer test
Yes.
what additional benefit would i have if i went for an appeal as i cant think of anything extra that i can say in the appeal for a successful out come.
The thought has already occurred to you that there would be longer to show continuing improvements in his school work, which could further strengthen your case.
You appear to be overlooking the point, though, about whether your chances would be better with a review or an appeal.
is it worth mentioning that he school that my son attendants is not a high achieving or outstanding school in the ofsted report.
Probably not - I think the panel will draw their own conclusions from the school's 11+ results.

I can't say how strong a case you have at the moment because there are some unknown factors - I've already raised the issue of whether the school's '2' recommendations are reliable or not. Have you asked the headteacher "Would you mind telling me how many Y6 pupils had a '2' for academic potential, and how many of them qualified in the 11?"

However, the key question you should be weighing up at this point in time is whether a review or an appeal is more likely to give you the outcome you want.
Do you appreciate the difference? I find myself asking for the third time :lol: ..........
      • .......... "Have you followed the links to reviews/appeals in Sally-Anne's post?".
Here are the links:
    • ..... we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
      Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
      Start here.
      See also this thread.
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

My personal opinion is to wait for an appeal.

I would also suggest removing the post about the Ofsted above as it will identify your chid's school.