Appeal independent school decision?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Worried123

Appeal independent school decision?

Post by Worried123 »

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum. My DD missed out on a place for her desired independent school. Can I appeal? Has anyone appealed and succeeded? She went through the exam and got rejected after the interview, we are really surprised as she is a very confident and bright girl. Even her current school headteacher is surprised she did not get through.
Sally-Anne

Re: Appeal independent school decision?

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hello, and welcome!

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do. Independent Schools have no appeal procedure, they take who they want to and that is that.

I hope you have some other good options, Indie or State.

S-A
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

hi,,

Same thing happened to our son. He did the interview at Latymmer upper (we ticked for full fee) and st pauls interview (we ticked bursary). Both of the schools rejected him after interview. But we received an offer from John Lyon. We rae waiting for the results from City of London, Habs, Merchantaylors.

I had the same thought when I received the rejection letter and understand that there is no appeal procedure.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

That's the thing about private schools that some people like/dislike. Once they have decided they don't want you - and they don't have to give any particularly valid reason for this - that's it.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Pinner wrote:hi,,

Same thing happened to our son. He did the interview at Latymmer upper (we ticked for full fee) and st pauls interview (we ticked bursary). Both of the schools rejected him after interview. But we received an offer from John Lyon. We rae waiting for the results from City of London, Habs, Merchantaylors.

I had the same thought when I received the rejection letter and understand that there is no appeal procedure.
Sorry you have not got the outcomes you want so far but hopefully you have other irons in the fire? Without wishing to pry, and only because I have a family friends needing bursarial support next year who have asked for advice, how can you get a bursary from St Pauls if you can afford LU? PM me if you prefer.
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now