Thank you to Etienne and elevenplusexams

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Catherine

Thank you to Etienne and elevenplusexams

Post by Catherine »

Dear Etienne,

I couldn't thank you too much on behalf of a friend who appealed in Slough yesterday. Her situation is rather complexe, but she found your posts invaluable in helping her to understand the important issues, and gather worthwile evidence.

Dear elevenplusexams,

Thank you for your support and for running this great site.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I just can't resist the opportunity to echo Catherine's praise of this site and forum.

You have filled a huge void that I know existed, as I searched "11 plus" many times when my son was in Years 3 & 4, and all I got back were hopelessly inappropriate links for commercial websites.

Thank you for all the time you put into this site.

:D
Sally-Anne
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Yes,
I also agree that if it hadn't have been for this site I would have gone mad :twisted:

The information is excellent and the support network of parents, teachers, tutors and ex appeal panel members is truly great.

Well done elevenplusexams!

Footymad. :P
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks so much, Catherine, for your very kind words. They encouraged me to work through the night drafting the first consolidated posting of "Appeal Q&As". Forumadmin had kindly offered to recompense me for my time and effort by making this available as a downloadable ePaper. I had no wish to be paid, but suggested that any download charges could contribute towards the costs of running this forum. Lee's response was that he didn't want to make money out of distressed parents, and would rather the information were freely available. I do admire him for that.

My understanding is that the forum just about breaks even, and that Lee makes no charge for the time he spends running it. He fully deserves the votes of thanks in the posts above for providing such a superb service.

Many thanks also to Patricia, Catherine, Sally-Anne, Footymad and others for their great contributions.

Keep an eye open for Appeal Q&As - coming this way shortly. :D
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Appeal Q&As is now available:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php
or
go to Home > 11+ appeals.

Somewhat rushed, but it's a start. In a later version we'd like to make some improvements, e.g. to break the Q&As down into sections (Before the Appeal, Compiling the Evidence, The Day of the Appeal, Ombudsman ...) to make them easier to negotiate.
Etienne
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Etienne, you are amazing. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you so much for all this hard work.

Best Regards

Catherine

PS I'll leave the love affair to Patricia!:wink:
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Thanks yet again Etienne!

Footymad. 8)
Juliet

Appeal advice

Post by Juliet »

Dear Etienne,
THANK YOU. Your guidance is just what this forum needed to help at such a stressful and worrying time for parents.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks so much, Catherine, Sally-Anne, Footymad, Juliet, and others, for your very kind words. Much appreciated.

At the risk of repeating myself, could I just draw everyone's attention to the "disclaimer" at the start of the Q&As? While I have no reason to think that my opinions are other than mainstream, current and future panel members might take a different view.

None the less, I hope it helps to see things from the perspective of one person who's had some experience of the system.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now