The Good and The Bad!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
relaxedMum77

Re: The Good and The Bad!

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Oh wow! .. thank you so much...and I just assumed their letter to me was the norm! Thank you for that.
I will say that prior to the appeal when I received the schools notes... which were very detailed over about 6 pages!!... they went into great detail about specific class sizes. Their PAN was 175 but they increased it to 205 to take an extra class (which they have never done b4) and then calculated that as a maximum they could go to 216 but beyond this there would be certain subjects that they could not teach as not enough equipment/space. They laid out in the paperwork all the evidence subject by subject. This was then discussed at the hearing and the panel questioned the school rep for quite a while. So I assume the panel were in agreement with the school that it was clear they really could not go beyond 216 or it would have consequences for current pupils???

As I have been so well guided by this site... my appeal consisted of 2 parts. Firstly I dealt with the non-qualification (with lots of supporting evidence) and then I went on to deal with the "why it has to be THIS school" of which I felt I had a pretty strong case.. including a letter from GP asking the school to support (all mainly based around health and social reasons) as well as the sibling link of course!!

It would be interesting to know exactly what places the other 11 above DS? Could they have all been high scores?? Seems odd if they were.... !

But yes... reading the letter again.. it really doesn't mention any of my reasons at all for wanting THIS school... and that was half of my appeal!
Last edited by relaxedMum77 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

i have woken up to an e-mail offering DS a place!!!!!! OMG! I am beside myself with joy! The last 8 months have been so tough but this e-mail has made it all worthwhile!!! I am so thankful to this forum and everyone on it: you are all full of great advice and so supportive!!
Anyone still waiting to hear on appeals or that are on waiting lists: i wish you all the luck in the World x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done!
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Guest55 wrote:Great news - well done!
Thank you x
salsa

Post by salsa »

relaxedMum77 wrote:i have woken up to an e-mail offering DS a place!!!!!! OMG! I am beside myself with joy! The last 8 months have been so tough but this e-mail has made it all worthwhile!!! I am so thankful to this forum and everyone on it: you are all full of great advice and so supportive!!
Anyone still waiting to hear on appeals or that are on waiting lists: i wish you all the luck in the World x
Excellent! Well done! Time to celebrate now with your family.
Crackerjax

Post by Crackerjax »

fantastic news ... well done :)
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Great news :D now time to celebrate :D
Heartmum x x x
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Thank you everyone x I have been walking round in a dream all day! Really would not have done it without the help and support on this forum.. love to you all x