The Appeal is over!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
in Turmoil

The Appeal is over!

Post by in Turmoil »

Well it is over. In fact it went really well! The panel asked probing questions into our extenuating circumstances and were very sympathetic. The LEA rep asked lots of questions and it felt he was trying to help us give the right answers!

After being terrified the panel were lovely and commented on our daughters academic ability, they also seemed very impressed with her reading age.

Well you never can tell but I know whatever the letter says we could not have done more and I don't think the hearing could have gone any better.

Thanks so much to everyone for your support especially Sally Anne who has kept me sane!

Now await the postman!

Post by Suesole »

Hi In Termoil

Glad to hear it went for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Sue x
mummalea01

Awaiting the postman

Post by mummalea01 »

Dear In Turmoil, all the very best luck in the world, whatever happens you are safe in the knowledge that you tried your absolute best to do the most you could for your child. All best wishes that the postman brings good news. Have a cracking weekend and get some sleep!:D
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I echo those thoughts others have written to you In Turmoil, what a horrible experience to have to prepare for. I am glad to hear that you feel it went well. :mrgreen:
in Turmoil

Its Over

Post by in Turmoil »

Well the post came and we didn't get what we wanted. We are dissapointed but feel strongly we couldn't have done anymore!

Luckily we are happy with our alternative and so is our daughter.

Good luck to everyone else.

Thanks for all the messages of support they are much appreciated!
In Turmoil
camden

Post by camden »

Sorry to hear your news In Turmoil, but great that you're happy with the alternative & as you know that you really have done your best. Thank you so much for sharing all the information you have with us all...very best wishes,
Camden
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Sorry to hear your news, but good luck and best wishes to your child in their new school, I am sure they will do extremely well there.

Caroline
Caz34red
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Good luck to you and your child, In Turmoil. At least the waiting is over, and you are very lucky to have an alternative school you are happy with. I wish you the best of luck. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now