Sick during test unexpected

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Seema

Sick during test unexpected

Post by Seema »

Anyone experienced sickness from you child during the test unexpectedly. Can they resit the exam? The invigilators were there to comfort but the pain was too much.
Tinkers

Re: Sick during test unexpected

Post by Tinkers »

I doubt they will allow a resist as the DC has seen at least part of the test.

However it should be down on the invigilator's log that the child was taken ill, so that could be used in any appeal as far as I understand. Obviously some schools are very difficult to win appeals for. It might be worth asking for that now.

You won't be able to appeal until after allocations day in March.

Was your DC feeling fine before going in for the test?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Seema wrote:Anyone experienced sickness from you child during the test unexpectedly. Can they resit the exam? The invigilators were there to comfort but the pain was too much.
For the CSSE exam, unless it has changed for this year, the rule is that you cannot retake any paper that you have started. So if you are taken ill during Ovid first paper, or in the break, you would be allowed to take the second paper on the reserve date. I don't know about any other areas - have you had look at the information on the website where you registered your DS to sit the exam?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If it was unexpected, you need to ask yourself if it was stress or a panic attack. If it was either then you may need to rethink full stop.

As others have said, it is unlikely you will be allowed to resit. To be allowed to appeal, you would have to use a space on your caf to apply and be rejected first.
Seema

Post by Seema »

Yes there is a good medical reason why my child was in pain and not stress at all and there was no pain before the exam. Feeling completely distraught. Need to speak to dr tomorrow and admissions office. Its too surreal, we ranked so high in mocks too. It was cem style
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now