Bexley appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Bexley appeal

Post by Etienne »

I received a phone call that the appeal was successful.
That's wonderful news!

Well done! :D
Etienne

Post by 1971 »

Congratulations novicemum. Glad you had a good outcome, and can now look forward to the remaining few weeks of the school year.
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Thank you 1971 it is a relief. Happy that we now know there won't be any more curve balls and we can get on with the business of preparing for Beths. Today it has dawned on ds that he has done it , that his hard work paid off.
11 plus is not for the faint hearted!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Yay, that is good news Novice Mum.

Only a rumour but does anyone know if the number admitted has been increased from the PAN 192 to 210 at Beths? I'd heard from another parent that the place their son got off waiting list at Chis n Sid grammar had been freed up by a boy going to Beths and they'd been told it was due to increase in class size at Beths to 30, but this is all rather second hand and I don't know how accurate or not it is? It may have been natural movement and distances finally moving, but this is what they told me they'd heard but they didn't have any foundation for it. I know Townley did this a year or two ago and moved to 32 in a class to create some more places at the last minute but that was fairly transparent and well advertised.
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

Well done Novice Mum - that is amazing news! To win an Appeal in Bexley is a very, very big deal. Thank you also for sharing your Bexely journey it will be a source of invaluable information to other parents. Best wishes to your family and enjoy all those new school preparations!!
Best
Marty
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Thanks PWF and Martymcfly .....
As regards Beths increasing PAN this year it's not happening. It is still 192 and now 3 over due to the 3 successful appeals. The headteacher was at our appeal and said they can't increase pan without building work being done.
Last year 3 children who had accepted a place didn't turn up so I think the school is hoping this happens again this year and brings the number back down to PAN otherwise they will just have to make a plan.
We also had an appeal at Chis and Sids , the deputy head was representing the school, we weren't successful and our letter didn't state if there were any successful appeals . But he did say after the appeal there was only one successful appeal in the last 10 years ......
So appeals in Bexley being successful is quite rare... We are very thankful and grateful we got the result we wanted.