Furious Parent

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrsBaker

Furious Parent

Post by MrsBaker »

I am really annoyed to find out the the 11+ results came out today after only completing the test last month. Last year my son did the test middle of September 2016 & we had to wait months until March 2017 to get the results. This is unfair & cruel that we had to wait months. Why the **** did we have to wait months last year & this year it has all changed or is it the fact the people could not be bothered & pull their fingers out from their ****** last year!!!!
hermanmunster

Re: Furious Parent

Post by hermanmunster »

MrsBaker - which area are you in?

It is all very puzzling as all areas have been providing results in October prior to people having to complete the CAF by the end of the month for several years now!

Did you change address or something?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

And, to add to that, perhaps you should take your fury to the Council that administered your test, not this forum? Assumedly your son has now started in his secondary school and you have moved on from the 11+? I am not sure getting furious with or at parents whose children are currently trying to work out where their children stand, under rules that have released results prior to the CAF for at least 6 or 7 years makes sense.

I do hope your son is settled and getting on ok.
Tamworthbay

Post by Tamworthbay »

So a year later you join a forum just so you can rant against this years kids parents for following the system, and one that is unchanged in years as far I can ascertain. Wow, some deep breaths would be useful I think.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Slow night over on M***n**?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ToadMum wrote:Slow night over on M***n**?
probably :wink:
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

MrsBaker wrote:I am really annoyed to find out the the 11+ results came out today after only completing the test last month. Last year my son did the test middle of September 2016 & we had to wait months until March 2017 to get the results. This is unfair & cruel that we had to wait months. Why the **** did we have to wait months last year & this year it has all changed or is it the fact the people could not be bothered & pull their fingers out from their ****** last year!!!!
Sorry the system wasn't perfect for you.

Demanding that the system remains imperfect forever for everyone else is not a very mature response.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

What region are you in OP? My region hasn’t changed recently. I thought the schools or consortiums had to give some sort of guidance by 31st Oct to help with CAF filling out, even if it is a ranking, notification of pass of first stage test, score etc. Appreciate that some of the guidance is less opaque than others but it is still some indication and it’s forums like this that often help decipher some of the information that is given.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Which region are you OP? I've had a quick browse through the regions on the forum and as far as I can see results came out about this time of year. Was there an admin error in your case, or did you move or change your details?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Troll
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now