Headmasters support

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Blue_Marigold

Re: Headmasters support

Post by Blue_Marigold »

She did ABRSM grade 3 which involved playing the pieces, scales, an aural test and sight reading. She does know theory up to grade 3 but because she hasn't sat the exam, we don't have proof for that.

I won't worry about getting additional information from music teachers. But I could just mention that she has grade 3. It shows something about her as at the moment we have nothing really but a list of data.

Will it go against her that the head master didn't write a big paragraph of support? He has been very factual and it is mostly just numbers. KS2 levels etc.

I just want to balance it out so they can relate to DD as child and not a bunch of statistics about her.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Don't write too much - they have very little time for each child. Focused data is what they are looking for plus stong support from the Head.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I just want to balance it out so they can relate to DD as child and not a bunch of statistics about her.
Relating to the child is not part of the process. Stay away from extra-curricular activities unless they provide evidence of academic ability.
Will it go against her that the head master didn't write a big paragraph of support? He has been very factual and it is mostly just numbers. KS2 levels etc.
It would have helped, but it might not matter if all the data clearly matches a "1:1" recommendation.
Etienne
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

The data is good. Just got to hope it is enough.
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Guest55 wrote:Don't write too much - they have very little time for each child. Focused data is what they are looking for plus stong support from the Head.
I have managed to construct a small paragraph that fills half the box. I am quite pleased with myself. Although I don't think it would get many marks in the new SATS writing test, I hope it gets my points across....
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

It’s done now! Just got to stay sane while I wait till February...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Well done :)
worriedfolks

Post by worriedfolks »

Wishing you all the best :)
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

I've just PM'd you Blue.....
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Thank you everyone for being so supportive.

I am just picking up on a comment made on a different thread.... My DD scored 117.

The breakdown was:
Verbal - 116
Maths - 118
NVR - 119

I don’t remember to the decimal points but generally speaking, will the fact she didn’t get over 121 in an individual section go against her?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now