Will school know that your child didn't originally qualify?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2littleboys

Will school know that your child didn't originally qualify?

Post by 2littleboys »

Good Morning

I'm sorry to be a nuisance-I think you will all be sick of me by 3rd February if you are not already :roll:

I have read extensively through the appeals section yesterday but I couldn't find the answer to this:Will the secondary school that is your first choice know that your child didn't qualify for the 11+ if successful at Selection Review? I know that if you are successful at S/R then your choices will be treated as if you had originally qualified but I wondered if the secondary school that you want will be aware of this and/or your child's original score at 11+?

Thank you.
anotherdad

Re: Will school know that your child didn't originally quali

Post by anotherdad »

I don't know for sure but I believe they get given each child's 11+ score, so they would know from that. I wouldn't worry though, as far as I understand it the school places no value on the scores other than for curiosity to see if there's any correlation between 11+ scores and later attainment (there doesn't seem to be in any case). They don't set or treat any child differently as a result.

My daughter was one of a group to join her school in year 8 after the 12+. She has never been treated any differently to those who were there in year 7 and wasn't automatically put in any bottom sets for maths, for example.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I know for a fact that they knew the year my DS started (7 years ago). I don't know if it is still the same. I don't think it matters either way: they are considered to have qualified just like everyone else.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The scores are given but many schools don't input them into their assessment systems. They are FAR more interested in KS2 test scores; it's progress from those that they are judged on.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thanks all :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

As I've posted before, some of the brightest I taught got in on appeal or at 12+.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Cheers Guest55-that's good to know.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now