Spalding appeal-any advise?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Longsuttonmum

Spalding appeal-any advise?

Post by Longsuttonmum »

I am wanting any advise feedback for an appeal for Spalding High School. My daughter was 4 marks off. She is normally quite a brave,gutsy girl but put a huge amount of pressure upon herself over the tests that were at the High School this year. The week before the test she became very quiet and reticent and nerves definitely go the better of her. Having read the forum I am terrified about the appeals process but she is adamant she wants to go to the High School.We were sure she would pass as were her school and we know she would cope there. The school want us to appeal and are 100% percent behind us.How do I manage her expectations? should I share the process with her or try to reduce more stress and upset by just getting on with it without telling her what is happening? I am thinking about writing our statement now whilst it is fresh in mind and then amending it nearer the time once I have had time and advise to help in the process.Is that a good idea? Any advise would be much appreciated. We are relatively new to the area and do not know anyone who has been through this process.
hermanmunster

Re: Spalding appeal-any advise?

Post by hermanmunster »

welcome to the forum!

Have you read all the FAQ here ? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; lots of very useful info.

No harm in writing thoughts down now and thinking about evidence, however you can't actually appeal until after March when the allocations come out as it is at this point she will have failed to get a place at the GS.

As for what you say to her and managing expectations, many people find it is best not to say anything and encourage her to look at and think about other schools (OK choice may be limited in rural areas but it is trying to help her if appeal is not successful)

PS can't find much about appeals to Spalding on the forum but there is one fairly long thread here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 35&t=14511&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now