Selection Review Bucks- mentioning chosen school

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lostintranslation

Selection Review Bucks- mentioning chosen school

Post by lostintranslation »

Firstly thank you to everyone who spends time contributing to this forum. The selection review seems daunting but I am finding my way through it with the help of the lovely people here. :D

Please could anyone help advise me whether you should mention what school is your preference or even if the selection review panel are provided with this information when they review your case?

Just wondering if this information is helpful or if it is a no-no.

Thanks in advance
Etienne

Re: Selection Review Bucks- mentioning chosen school

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals!
The selection review seems daunting but I am finding my way through it with the help of the lovely people here.
Thank you! :D
Please could anyone help advise me whether you should mention what school is your preference or even if the selection review panel are provided with this information when they review your case?
Just wondering if this information is helpful or if it is a no-no.
It's a no-no! :)
(Irrelevant to the review panel's decision whether a child should be deemed qualified or not.)
Etienne
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I suspect it isn't relevant as they will be just reviewing the test result etc and no-one has actually applied yet

oops X -posted with Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

hermanmunster wrote:I suspect it isn't relevant as they will be just reviewing the test result etc and no-one has actually applied yet
oops X -posted with Etienne
Always reassuring when we agree with each other! :D
Etienne
lostintranslation

Thank you so much Etienne & Hermanmunster- I thought that might be the case.
lostintranslation

Selection Review and Schools Application Choices

Sorry I know I have read it somewhere but can't find it now so am doubting myself..

With a selection review I put the 2 or 3 grammar schools I am interested in first on my county council schools application form then I put as last place my local school. If the selection review is not successful then they will remove the grammars and then my local school will appear as my first preference in the first round of allocations. So basically I won't miss out on my local school preference if I am not successful in selection review.

Is that correct? I know its probably a stupid question but my head is spinning :oops:
Guest55

Re: Selection Review and Schools Application Choices

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - put the schools in the order you refer them with GS at the top. Then if the review is successful they will stand as your 1st and 2nd choices - if it's not successful then they 'drop off' the list. In that case you could appeal as you will have been refused admission to choices 1 and 2.
lostintranslation

Re: Selection Review and Schools Application Choices

Great thank you Guest55
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now