One point short

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

3angels

One point short

Post by 3angels »

I am very new here and will really like candid advise please, thanks in advance
Just received the results of re marking daughters Kent test and she did not finish her maths.
Aggregate score 348 and maths 105 so not selective for Kent grammar.
Can I appeal based on the fact that she didn't finish.
Also relocated from Southern Ireland to UK and she missed out on almost 2 years of primary school as a result of different systems of education.So a bit of a disadvantage.
Just practised few downloaded questions with her few weeks to exams so I have no doubt she will be an asset to any GS.

Results are math 105, English 119, Reasoning 124, remark report this morning says mark stays the same and she did not finish 2 questions in maths and 5 questions in Reasoning

Do we have a case for an appeal, she has been so gutted, just feel bad for her. Thanks everyone
hermanmunster

Re: One point short

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi 3Angels

Have look at the appeals FAQ https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - lots of info there.

When did you move to the UK - was it recent?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
Can I appeal based on the fact that she didn't finish.
Not really - the test is all about working accurately and quickly.
Also relocated from Southern Ireland to UK and she missed out on almost 2 years of primary school as a result of different systems of education
Your extenuating circumstances would be taken into account, but the appeal should be based mainly on alternative academic evidence of high ability, and specific reasons for wanting a place at the school being appealed for.

For a better understanding, it would help if you read the Q&As Hermanmunster pointed you to above.
Start here.

Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.
Etienne
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I’ve sent you a private message.
3angels

Post by 3angels »

Thanks everyone for the responses, we moved about 31/2 years ago.will read through the links.just very stressed at the moment, being reading the links.Great work you guys are doing.Thank you so much
3angels

Post by 3angels »

Thanks for all the replies, I have read all the links.At the Wilmington girls open evening, I was told that no appeal for non-selection appeal got in last September. The school assured that they will support with the appeal.

TBH not looking forward to the appeal process at all. Does anyone know of any grammar that is predisposed to appeals with one mark short? Will really appreciate if anyone has any experience, I mean in Kent grammars.Really appreciate the responses.Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now