Any successful appeals in Birmingham?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bagofchips

Any successful appeals in Birmingham?

Post by bagofchips »

Hi
Has anyone had a successful appeal in Birmingham? I have tried searching the forum but can find much. I would like to hear about your experiences good or bad.
Many thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Any successful appeals in Birmingham?

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi bagofchips - I think successful appeals in B'ham are rare. Am sure there were some figures around, will check when I have some time later
bagofchips

Post by bagofchips »

Thanks Herm
atmyage

Post by atmyage »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi bagofchips - I think successful appeals in B'ham are rare. Am sure there were some figures around, will check when I have some time later

Hello hermanmunster,

Trawling through the forum for information. Did you find any figures or can you point me in the right direction please?

Regards,
atmyage
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

I have found a couple of links where appeals were discussed

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=26117" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=52264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are mentions of "only a handful" each year eg one year there were 3 successful appeals

Successful appeals do look a bit thin on the ground though I don't have the exact numbers to hand
atmyage

Post by atmyage »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi

I have found a couple of links where appeals were discussed

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=26117" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=52264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are mentions of "only a handful" each year eg one year there were 3 successful appeals

Successful appeals do look a bit thin on the ground though I don't have the exact numbers to hand
Thank you :)
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

The success rate for secondary transfer in 2016 was 2.9%
don't have stats for last year.

There is a post on here (I cant find it now) of somebody who won an appeal for either FW or KES I think based on extenuating circumstances - I found it while I was trawling for hope one day!

If you post in appeals though with your specific case then expert advice will follow, as the support and expertise here is incredible.
atmyage

Post by atmyage »

Thank you for the advice Ricky74. We will definitely appeal, have absolutely nothing to lose but so much to gain. I thought I would try to understand as much as possible about the process before sending message to the Appeals forum experts Etienne and Sally-Ann. I will certainly need their expertise advice and help and I have been really impressed with theirs posts that I have been reading since last Thursday.

atmyage
KenR

Post by KenR »

The number of successful appeals for the foundation grammar schools is published in the trustees/governors annual report (available for download from the foundation web site).
The number appeals for Sept 2016 entry across all foundation grammars that went to a final hearing was 67 (71 in the previous year). The number of successful appeals was 3 (same as the previous year).
atmyage

Post by atmyage »

Thank you KenR,

Reading it now.

If the Foundation schools are "academies" do they still have to adhere to PAN?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now