Had our letter today

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sharone

Had our letter today

Post by sharone »

Hi Everyone

Got our letter from County Hall today, and we didn't win our appeal. To be honest, we knew that with our son's scores and little in the way of mitigating circumstances that the chances were slim, but deep down I was hoping for a more positive outcome. Still, with everyone's help we know that we did the best we could with what we had, and don't feel it was anything we had or hadn't done that had a bearing on this decision.

Good luck to everyone else. Luckily we hadn't told our son, and he seems to have adjusted well to the prospect of going to our local upper with his friends. In the end, maybe being a brigher pupil in a smaller school may work to his advantage.

Best wishes
Sharon
mummalea01

Post by mummalea01 »

Bad luck. Try not to mull over it too much. Think that not telling your child was a very smart move...they've had enough pressure. Have a peaceful weekend. :x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Very sorry to hear the news, Sharon. Unfortunately it was an uphill struggle, as you know. You have the comfort of knowing that you did everything possible.

Your local upper school has a good reputation nowadays, and I believe that your son will be happy and successful there.
Etienne
sharone

Post by sharone »

Thanks Etienne, and yes, we're not as desparate as we first were after the results having seen our local school's recent Ofsted report.

It's actually nice to be able to draw a line under all this now, it's been like a sword hanging over our heads for so long.

Thanks again for all your help and support.
Best wishes
Sharon
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Sharon

I'm so sorry to hear the news, but I am glad that you have come to terms with the alternative.

You did all that you could, and please hold on to that fact.

Best wishes to you

Sally-Anne
sharone

Post by sharone »

Thanks Sally-Anne, and good luck to everyone else...
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi Sharone,

I'm terribly sorry to hear your news.

But also relieved to hear you have a good alternative.

Give your son and yourself some TLC this weekend..

Thinking of you..

AM
in Turmoil

Appeal News

Post by in Turmoil »

Hi Sharone,

just read your post, know how you feel it's gutting.

Well done for not telling your son we didn't tell our daughter and it has made such a difference.

We are a week ahead of you, we got our letter last Saturday and i can tell you it does get better. We both feel less raw now.

good luck to your son in his new school.

in Turmoil
In Turmoil
sharone

Post by sharone »

Dear In Turmoil

Thanks for your support. We've come to accept that our son won't go to Grammar, and as for the 12+, we may change our minds, but we think we'll not pursue it, mostly because the two grammars we're in catchment for do not usually have any places left. We'd hate to put him through all that not to even get a place.

As for our daughter, we've decided not to send her to our son's school when she moves up to year 3 next September, and are looking at two independent schools. Shame we couldn't afford to do this when we moved into the county two years ago.

Thanks again
Sharon
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sharone,

I feel for you - big hugs all round - I trust you have a good alternative to a GS.

Don't make up your mind yet about 12+, you need to see how things go over the first month or two -
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now