Bucks Selection Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Candiamo

Re: Bucks Selection Review

Post by Candiamo »

Thanks both. I’ve got to try and be positive but it’s hard because he’s saying he doesn’t want to go to the allocated school and I’m helpless, I’ve done all I can.

Fingers crossed for you Woobywoo.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Have you and he been to visit the allocated school? If not, I suggest you do. There'll be something there that tweaks his interest, I'm sure. Are any of his year 6 friends going there?
Candiamo

Post by Candiamo »

Just wondering how to go about preparing for the 12+? Borlase set their own exam which is based on year 7 curriculum for Maths, English, Science and a language. Any suggestions? Just thinking maybe a bit of practice at home before Christmas as exam is in January. Looked on here but can’t find any info.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Once your son starts year 7, you should get an outline of the material he will be covering in those subjects and as Christmas approaches, you'll have a term's worth of material to review and to help make sure he's strong on. That will give you the guide you need to prepare for the test. The school keep their cards close to their chest which is a good thing - it helps prevent too much coaching and practice.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Old KS2 tests might also be useful to fill any gaps from Primary.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now