Unsuccessful Bucks selection review but think not FCO

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Re: Unsuccessful Bucks selection review but think not FCO

Post by Etienne »

So we managed to jump the FCO, qualification and prejudice hurdles!!!. Thank you so much to this forum (Etienne and guest55 especially) for all the advice and wisdom shared on my and other threads that clearly helped us
I thought you stood quite a good chance with FCO (not least because of the LA Rep's supportive comments), but to get over all three hurdles when there were approximately 40 appeals is fantastic news!

Many, many congratulations! :D
Etienne
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Congratulations to your daughter and well done you, it is a very stressful experience.

Our first was unsuccessful and I fear today’s went badly as I wasn’t in the right place emotionally to cope. Won’t know for definite till the end of the month. Realise we were lucky to get result so quickly last time.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Woobywoo - fantastic news and well done! :)
Woobywoo

Post by Woobywoo »

Tolstoy wrote: I fear today’s went badly as I wasn’t in the right place emotionally to cope. Won’t know for definite till the end of the month. Realise we were lucky to get result so quickly last time.
That’s going to be a long wait. But I would hope the panel won’t hold your emotional state against your case - it will be your evidence that they consider. I have everything crossed for you.

Thank you all for your encouragement.
Woobywoo x
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Many congratulations Woobywoo, such lovely news :D Your DD with love AHS (my DD went there, now just finished her first year at Uni :shock: ) - a lovely finish to end the school year with :D

Sending hugs Tolstoy, we've been there with DS3 (Etienne and Sally-Anne can vouch for all our trials and tribulations :roll: ) but never give up believing, we didn't. Our DS took the 13+, qualified and has now just completed his first year at AGS. There are two great quotes from the Best Marigold Hotel which I love ... “Everything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not the end.” and “The only real failure is the failure to try, and the measure of success is how we cope with disappointment.”
Heartmum x x x
Woobywoo

Post by Woobywoo »

heartmum wrote:Many congratulations Woobywoo, such lovely news :D Your DD with love AHS (my DD went there, now just finished her first year at Uni :shock: ) - a lovely finish to end the school year with :D
Thank you so much Heartmum. Do you know I still can’t quite believe it. But she had a fab induction with some warm hearted girls and came out as high as a kite! I wish I could write to the panel to thank them but I guess that’s not the done thing!?!

Woobywoo x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now