Lucy1 appeal for Kent

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Lucy1 appeal for Kent

Post by Etienne »

PettswoodFiona wrote:It may be worth asking the admissions people at the school for figures on appeals
A good idea, and one that we would always recommend if you have no idea about your chances.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and who succeeded at appeal who hadn’t got a pass
Most admission authorities probably don't record that information, and might point to the Freedom of Information exemption (it would cost too much or take too much staff time to deal with the request).
No reason not to ask, though.
Etienne
Lucy1

Post by Lucy1 »

Do you have any school reports that comment favourably on English and would help your case?

Hello Etienne,

Many thanks for your reply.

I do not have much of any d's formal school reports, all I have are informal attainments of d's progress (i.e. within/ upper within age expectations) - that's all. The school does not provide reports on the levels/ grading and are advising to wait until the end of year for the official SATS results, which would not work as the hearing is scheduled much earlier than the results would be available.

Would you say there are any chances of succeeding at the appeal without much of the academic support/ evidence. D has extenuating circumstances.

Many thanks!
Lucy1

Post by Lucy1 »

Hello Etienne,

Many thanks for your reply.

I do not have much of any d's formal school reports, all I have are informal attainments of d's progress (i.e. within/ upper within age expectations) - that's all. The school does not provide reports on the levels/ grading and are advising to wait until the end of year for the official SATS results, which would not work as the hearing is scheduled much earlier than the results would be available.

Would you say there are any chances of succeeding at the appeal without much of the academic support/ evidence. D has extenuating circumstances.

Many thanks!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Lucy1 wrote:Would you say there are any chances of succeeding at the appeal without much of the academic support/ evidence. D has extenuating circumstances.
I'm afraid it's difficult to say when we know so little about your case as a whole, e.g. whether or not you have compelling reasons for wanting a place.

Appeals are never easy, but PettswoodFiona has mentioned that it is especially hard to win an appeal for this school.

Even if you were to get over the qualification hurdle, you would then be in a situation where your reasons for wanting a place would be balanced against the strength of the school's case for prejudice, and (probably) compared with the strength of the cases of numerous other appellants.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now