Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with appeal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm 

Hello
I’m new on elevenplus so maybe you talk about my problem many times already then could you please send me link on previous pages or just help me because I need your advise . My daughter was unsuccessful with all 3 secondary schools☹️. We know that it was happen because of our location. We are in Southampton at the moment but applied for Bournemouth Schools because we are moving to Bournemouth in midsummer. So I would like to appeal on schools decision but don’t really know how to organise it all in right way. What kind of support papers we need to have? How and what to write in appeal ? Do I need to get lawyer ? Maybe someone appealed already and was successful please help me . Thank you very much

Post subject: Re: Help with appeal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 pm 

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Were the three schools non-selective, and were you refused a place solely because of distance?
If so, then the only basis I can see for appealing would be sound reasons for wanting or needing a place.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

Quote:
Do I need to get lawyer ?
No!
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a11

You need to do a lot of reading.
Start here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:27 pm 

[quote="Etienne"]Welcome to Appeals! :)

Were the three schools non-selective, and were you refused a place solely because of distance?
If so, then the only basis I can see for appealing would be sound reasons for wanting or needing a place.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

Thanks for warm welcome :D .
Well, my daughter passed exam to Bournemouth grammar school for girls With the score of 316 from 300. They said we are unsuccessful I think it’s because of postcode. Second school was glenmore academy unsuccessful too, but we are not in catchment area. And school number 3 was parkstone Grammar school and unsuccessful as well but they said to us it’s because of catchment ( we are miles away by post code for now) the horrible thing is that in parkstone girls with score less then 300 had a space and my daughter didnt just because of postcode. I’ve got the letter from building company where says that they accept our offer for house ( which is in 2 schools catchment area) and we already paid deposit for this house as well. House will be ready in mid summer. I hope this letter will help us in appeal. What do you think? Did anyone had the same experience? Please share ... thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:59 pm 

Quote:
House will be ready in mid summer. I hope this letter will help us in appeal. What do you think?
It could help a bit - but there are likely to be other appellants with stronger reasons for wanting a place at the school.