Forgot to add in bucks grammar school in CAF berkshire

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
newbieuk

Forgot to add in bucks grammar school in CAF berkshire

Post by newbieuk »

hello everyone
We just shifted to the UK few months prior to the 11plus ,my son gave it and scored 103 in berks and 110 in bucks respectively .
I feel he had the potential to achieve more but since we just shifted there were many factors that made it impossible got us to achieve mor.
I Have just come across this forum , I n3ed guidance ,I want to appeal to Buckinghamshire Grammar School but didn't write it on the Caf for berkshir3 (we live in berkshire ) ,I contacted the bucks borough they said ask your council to forward it to us , my council said it's not possible u need to resubmit the whole CAF .I wrote to them explaining how I didn't know I had to write it on our council's caf ,could th3y just not let me appeal ? I still advent gotten a r3ply (this was before Christmas) .What do u suggest I do ?since he is doing very well in school,sats scor3s are above 3xoected levels and I feel he needs the proper environment for his academics,I m taking appeals guidance from this group but I n3ed advice on this "how to appeal to bucks grammar 2ithout having it written in my CAF ?"
Thank you in advance
scary mum

Re: Forgot to add in bucks grammar school in CAF berkshire

Post by scary mum »

I'm not an expert on appeals, but I believe that you can only appeal for a school that has turned you down. However, you can add other preferences at a late stage, but they won't be considered in the first round.

There is some information about appeals in Buckinghamshire here

Where in Berkshire are you based? Have you seen the previous allocation distances ? If there is no hope of you gaining a place on distance there is little point in appealing.

When you have had a read through the appeals stickies (at the top of this section, do let us know if you have any further questions.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

When you say you’ve applied in Berkshire, where do you actually mean? There is no actual Berkshire LA, so I’m guessing Slough, Reading or Wokingham.

As Scary mum says, if you live in Reading/Wokingham you have little to zero chance of a place in Bucks anyway.

If you resubmit your CAF now you will be classed has having a late application and go to the bottom of the pile for all schools on your CAF. You’d likely be allocated a school you probably don’t want and it could be miles away, as it will be whatever school the LA can offer you that has places. You are best to wait after allocations day when you have a school place.

What other schools have you put on your CAF? (PM me if you’d rather not say openly). I know a reasonable amount about most schools in Reading and Wokingham, not so much about the Slough ones. I can hopefully put your mind at rest about the are likely to get.

Appeals for Slough are difficult to win I believe, and Reading school has had very few successful appeals in recent years.
newbieuk

Post by newbieuk »

thank you for your prompt reply! I'm sorry we r talking about my daughter not my son ..my Caf options are Upton court grammar ,baylis,eden ,langley academy and ditton park academy in my Slough CAF .
My council wants me to resubmit my application meaning it will make my daughter lose her chances at a good comprehensive school too .How can I add beaconsfield too when my council isn't r3psonding to my second email (explaining how I didn't quite understand that the grammar school for a different council had to be included my CAF too?) the Buckinghmashire council's directed me to ask my council to send the request .
any way I can contact the council quicker and effectively? Any way out? suggestions? I properly researched schools and these all r in my catchment.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Did your DD sit the Bucks test?
mad?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

OP said the DD got 110 in the Bucks test.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Thanks and sorry, on phone in dark car park
mad?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’d strongly suggest you don’t resubmit your application until after the 1st March. You are at serious risk of not getting any school on your CAF. Since your DD didn’t get the qualifying score for Slough or Bucks, you’d still be dependent on winning an appeal which is by no means a certainly.

I don’t know about Baylis Eden school at all. However I do have a colleague who has 3 DCs, one at Langley, one at Upton Court, one at Ditton Park and the youngest he is hoping will go to Ditton Park too, and he is very impressed with Ditton Park. So I don’t think you’d have anything to worry about if you got DP.
newbieuk

Post by newbieuk »

so after the 1st can i add beaconsfield to the form ? or ther3s no chance ?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

newbieuk wrote:so after the 1st can i add beaconsfield to the form ? or ther3s no chance ?
I think you should be able to (you’ll need to contact the LA at that point) but as your DD hasn’t qualified, she will not get a place. Once you’ve been refused a place you can then appeal.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And for Bucks specifically
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=53659" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I’d suggest you look at the appeals sections I’ll posted here and begin preparing the evidence you’ll need to appeal.

You need to realistic about your chances of being successful at appeal though.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now