Appeal , scored high but considered late because of POA

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snair

Appeal , scored high but considered late because of POA

Post by Snair »

Hello,
Our DD scored 248 for Warwickshire test and RHS was our 1st preference school. We didn't receive a letter asking for POA , thus not submitting it on time her application is considered late. We always have some problems with posts being delivered to next door or vice versa. We live in 10 mile radius of school so we are in Eastern Priority Area, but not priority circle. She is no.7 on the waiting list on 12th March and is the same today the 19th. The lady on the phone said there was no change in WL. So our only option is appeal. What should we base our case on? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Snair
Etienne

Re: Appeal , scored high but considered late because of POA

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
What should we base our case on?
The only basis I can see would be sound reasons for wanting or needing a place.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't even mention the proof of address issue unless the panel ask why the application was late (which I expect they will).
Even so, keep it fairly low key because you're not going to win an appeal on grounds of maladministration.
Etienne
Snair

Re: Appeal , scored high but considered late because of POA

Post by Snair »

Thanks Etienne,
So not much hope then, we only have strong academic background as our only ally in the link, as her brother is in LSS and don't have any other points on our side. Lots of OOA children got through , scores under 210 OOA including, so thought there may be a chance. As she did her part well we wanted to try as best as we could .
Thanks
Snair
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now