Go to navigation
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Difference in appeals
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 pm
Posts: 23
Sorry if posting in the wrong area. Why would a school have a group appeal before going into individual appeals? And surely all people appealing for x school would have the same process? Or is the group appeal a way of filtering out cases deemed as not strong enough? Only asking as I see that the school I am appealing for had a group appeal we were not invited to? Slightly confused!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 7708
Clawhit wrote:
Sorry if posting in the wrong area. Why would a school have a group appeal before going into individual appeals?
Because it's the best way of organising a multiple appeal.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c1
A question about the school case need only be asked once at a group hearing.
The alternative would be for it to be asked repeatedly (perhaps 20, 30, 40 times) at individual hearings.

Quote:
And surely all people appealing for x school would have the same process?
Yes - all timely appellants would have been treated in the same way.

Quote:
Or is the group appeal a way of filtering out cases deemed as not strong enough?
Only the case for the admission authority is discussed at the group hearing.

Quote:
Only asking as I see that the school I am appealing for had a group appeal we were not invited to? Slightly confused!
You need to pursue this and ask why.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 pm
Posts: 23
Thank you for explaining Etienne, KCC have assured me that there wasn’t a group hearing last week which is in contrary to what someone has put on this forum :roll: so for now I’ll have to go with that information, just a bit strange and definitely made me panic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018