Stationery

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumofgirls

Re: Stationery

Post by Mumofgirls »

No further reply received from WCC despite further email sent and email sent to the complaints department. My daughter scored 211 (super proud), she was really hoping to go to AGS. Based on previous years it looks like she could make it onto the waiting list but we are also considering an appeal. What’s your situation?
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

I've heard nothing back from WCC either. I guess they've been too busy trying to the get the results online :wink: . Scored 237 - boy in Eastern Grammar circle.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Well done to your son that’s a great score.
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

I have heard back from WCC now (see below) but their so-called "investigation" flies in the face of what everyone has been saying and they have failed to acknowledge that the exam is a competition ..... a little shocking to say the least. If my child had been borderline I certainly would not be very happy and making a formal complaint:

"Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the 11+ testing that was carried out on the weekend of 8th and 9th September.

After further investigation of this situation, I can confirm to you that every candidate tested at Lawrence Sheriff School was allocated an individual eraser during the 11+ test.

If you wish to do so, individual cases can be heard through the appeals process. You will have the right to appeal after National Offer Day, 1st March 2019, if your child is refused a place at the school.

Additionally, please also let me reassure you that there is no expectation that the children will finish every question within the test papers, and this is not required in order to obtain the required academic standard to be considered for a place at a Warwickshire grammar school.

I hope this information reassures you but if you do wish to escalate this matter then you can make a formal complaint online, through our website: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind regards,

Eleanor Laycock
11+ Admissions Officer "
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

forumvisit wrote:I have heard back from WCC now (see below) but their so-called "investigation" flies in the face of what everyone has been saying and they have failed to acknowledge that the exam is a competition ..... a little shocking to say the least. If my child had been borderline I certainly would not be very happy and making a formal complaint:

"Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the 11+ testing that was carried out on the weekend of 8th and 9th September.

After further investigation of this situation, I can confirm to you that every candidate tested at Lawrence Sheriff School was allocated an individual eraser during the 11+ test.

If you wish to do so, individual cases can be heard through the appeals process. You will have the right to appeal after National Offer Day, 1st March 2019, if your child is refused a place at the school.

Additionally, please also let me reassure you that there is no expectation that the children will finish every question within the test papers, and this is not required in order to obtain the required academic standard to be considered for a place at a Warwickshire grammar school.

I hope this information reassures you but if you do wish to escalate this matter then you can make a formal complaint online, through our website: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind regards,

Eleanor Laycock
11+ Admissions Officer "
It looks like my daughter may or may not even make it onto the waiting list. This situation may not have made any difference but I can’t help but feel even more let down by rubber gate. WCC haven’t even acknowledged my complaint, so I feel that an appeal is our next step unfortunately.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Oh my goodness that simply isn’t true. My son took the test at Sheriff and they did NOT have an individual eraser.
forumvisit

Post by forumvisit »

Exactly! Essentially they are saying all our children lied? This will be interesting when it goes to the Ombudsman!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

forumvisit wrote:Exactly! Essentially they are saying all our children lied? This will be interesting when it goes to the Ombudsman!
What’s the next step for us all, will the invigilators log have recorded this and will this stand up as extenuating circumstances at an appeal?
guest201

Post by guest201 »

WCC seem to be digging themselves a hole. Didn't they reply to someone previously explaining their "policy" :lol: of not giving each child an eraser. Now they are saying that each child at LSS did have an eraser.
mishra

Post by mishra »

As per my daughetr, there were 5+ rubbers in the room my daughter took the test. She says it was made available whenever she raised the hand. As per her, there wasnt any delay because of rubber. However, I have a feeling that this can make 2-5 marks difference by the end of of 2 hr timed test.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now