Stationery

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mumofgirls

Re: Stationery

Post by Mumofgirls »

mishra wrote:As per my daughetr, there were 5+ rubbers in the room my daughter took the test. She says it was made available whenever she raised the hand. As per her, there wasnt any delay because of rubber. However, I have a feeling that this can make 2-5 marks difference by the end of of 2 hr timed test.
My daughter was 4 points away from the AQS which makes this even more frustrating.
MadDad1975

Post by MadDad1975 »

Anybody asked the question yet about whether the Committee of Reference will be considering this issue?

Any FOI requests been answered?

In my view, it's the only way to force the Council to come clean about what really happened. Proving the impact on a specific child is a different matter, but the Council should have the decency to be honest. It looks to me like they don't.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Well what a spectacular turn up!

I have today received a letter ADMITTING there weren’t individuals erasers available and an APOLOGY!

It says they have investigated my child’s case in detail and looked at his use of an eraser. They have added a record to his account and if we want to go to appeal the lack of eraser evidence will be made available.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Mumofgirls wrote:
mishra wrote:As per my daughetr, there were 5+ rubbers in the room my daughter took the test. She says it was made available whenever she raised the hand. As per her, there wasnt any delay because of rubber. However, I have a feeling that this can make 2-5 marks difference by the end of of 2 hr timed test.
My daughter was 4 points away from the AQS which makes this even more frustrating.
The AQS’s have not been set, yet, for this year though? These are set once all the CAF form applications are in and they know how many have applied. In practise it is set at or around the score of the person ranked at the school PAN.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Mumofgirls wrote:
The AQS’s have not been set, yet, for this year though? These are set once all the CAF form applications are in and they know how many have applied. In practise it is set at or around the score of the person ranked at the school PAN.
Yes should have worded that as 4 points off the AQS for last year.
MadDad1975

Post by MadDad1975 »

So, the Council's responses vary from saying why children did not have an eraser each, to confirming every child did have an eraser, to saying there was not an eraser for each child and apologising!

What a shambles. I think it would be helpful if parents could post up the exact text of their responses so parents can refer to the contradictory messages at appeal.
trinitybleu

Post by trinitybleu »

Re WCC implying the kids lie.... They have previous form for this. My daughters account of the test last year was said to be totally false until I requested copies of the sign in sheet which confirmed the aspects my husband had observed. They still refused to believe the rest.

As it was, she got a decent score, but I was ready to fight if needs be!
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

MadDad1975 wrote:Anybody asked the question yet about whether the Committee of Reference will be considering this issue?

Any FOI requests been answered?

In my view, it's the only way to force the Council to come clean about what really happened. Proving the impact on a specific child is a different matter, but the Council should have the decency to be honest. It looks to me like they don't.
How do we get them to consider the issue?
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Centralperk wrote:Well what a spectacular turn up!

I have today received a letter ADMITTING there weren’t individuals erasers available and an APOLOGY!

It says they have investigated my child’s case in detail and looked at his use of an eraser. They have added a record to his account and if we want to go to appeal the lack of eraser evidence will be made available.
Snap, just had the same reply. It’s not just about looking at their paper though and assessing the rubber use, it’s also about time wasted waiting for the rubber. Are you taking it any further down the complaints process now? I’m thinking that this is enough to now wait until appeals and to use this admission of incompetence together with academic evidence as necessary.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Mumofgirls wrote:
Centralperk wrote:Well what a spectacular turn up!

Snap, just had the same reply. It’s not just about looking at their paper though and assessing the rubber use, it’s also about time wasted waiting for the rubber. Are you taking it any further down the complaints process now? I’m thinking that this is enough to now wait until appeals and to use this admission of incompetence together with academic evidence as necessary.
Not planning on taking it any further yet as my Son should get a place based on his score.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now