Stationery

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumofgirls

Re: Stationery

Post by Mumofgirls »

GSHopeful wrote:I cannot believe that! My sons is tomorrow and I’ll be asking if they have enough rubbers now and taking my own along! Hopefully it didn’t affect your daughter xx
I hope they learnt from yesterday’s failure.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

I didn’t ask as I didn’t want to look rude but hearing that it happened at 2 schools I will be asking my son when I collect him and will question the staff there and then if it happened again.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

I’ve just spoken to my Husband and he said that he thinks we should log a complaint too. I presume all the information will be on the letter they sent out? My son said that he put his hand up about five times and he didn’t always get the rubber straight away.

He did manage to finish the test and was actually quite happy about his performance.

It just makes me really cross as the test is so time critical.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

It is absolutely unacceptable. Definitely log it. All that prep and effort on the children’s part and the invigilators fail them.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Centralperk wrote:I’ve just spoken to my Husband and he said that he thinks we should log a complaint too. I presume all the information will be on the letter they sent out? My son said that he put his hand up about five times and he didn’t always get the rubber straight away.

He did manage to finish the test and was actually quite happy about his performance.

I sent an email FAO the 11+ officer using elevenplus@warwickshire.gov.uk as this was on the letter. Sounds very similar to my daughter, absolutely gutting isn’t it after all the practice and preparation they’ve put in.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Mumofgirls wrote:
Centralperk wrote:I’ve just spoken to my Husband and he said that he thinks we should log a complaint too. I presume all the information will be on the letter they sent out? My son said that he put his hand up about five times and he didn’t always get the rubber straight away.

I sent an email FAO the 11+ officer using elevenplus@warwickshire.gov.uk as this was on the letter. Sounds very similar to my daughter, absolutely gutting isn’t it after all the practice and preparation they’ve put in.
E-mail sent!
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

I’ll let you know later what my DS says happened today x
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Let's hope someone with common sense has gone to a supermarket and bought some. DG
Amber

Post by Amber »

Daogroupie wrote:Let's hope someone with common sense has gone to a supermarket and bought some. DG
I also hope that it won't just be the children of clued-up parents on this forum who have the nous to complain who will have their marks adjusted if necessary. This sounds like an almighty mess-up which could have been avoided so easily if children had been allowed to bring their own erasers with them. It sounds as though the invigilators were under the impression that theirs were just for emergency use rather than as a general resource.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

GSHopeful wrote:I’ll let you know later what my DS says happened today x
Any update?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now