Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Posts: 101
GSHopeful wrote:
I cannot believe that! My sons is tomorrow and I’ll be asking if they have enough rubbers now and taking my own along! Hopefully it didn’t affect your daughter xx


I hope they learnt from yesterday’s failure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Posts: 62
I didn’t ask as I didn’t want to look rude but hearing that it happened at 2 schools I will be asking my son when I collect him and will question the staff there and then if it happened again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:47 am
Posts: 46
I’ve just spoken to my Husband and he said that he thinks we should log a complaint too. I presume all the information will be on the letter they sent out? My son said that he put his hand up about five times and he didn’t always get the rubber straight away.

He did manage to finish the test and was actually quite happy about his performance.

It just makes me really cross as the test is so time critical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Posts: 62
It is absolutely unacceptable. Definitely log it. All that prep and effort on the children’s part and the invigilators fail them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Posts: 101
Centralperk wrote:
I’ve just spoken to my Husband and he said that he thinks we should log a complaint too. I presume all the information will be on the letter they sent out? My son said that he put his hand up about five times and he didn’t always get the rubber straight away.

He did manage to finish the test and was actually quite happy about his performance.

It just makes me really cross as the test is so time critical.


I sent an email FAO the 11+ officer using elevenplus@warwickshire.gov.uk as this was on the letter. Sounds very similar to my daughter, absolutely gutting isn’t it after all the practice and preparation they’ve put in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:47 am
Posts: 46
Mumofgirls wrote:
Centralperk wrote:
I’ve just spoken to my Husband and he said that he thinks we should log a complaint too. I presume all the information will be on the letter they sent out? My son said that he put his hand up about five times and he didn’t always get the rubber straight away.

He did manage to finish the test and was actually quite happy about his performance.

It just makes me really cross as the test is so time critical.


I sent an email FAO the 11+ officer using elevenplus@warwickshire.gov.uk as this was on the letter. Sounds very similar to my daughter, absolutely gutting isn’t it after all the practice and preparation they’ve put in.


E-mail sent!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Posts: 62
I’ll let you know later what my DS says happened today x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 9328
Location: Herts
Let's hope someone with common sense has gone to a supermarket and bought some. DG


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 am
Posts: 8056
Daogroupie wrote:
Let's hope someone with common sense has gone to a supermarket and bought some. DG
I also hope that it won't just be the children of clued-up parents on this forum who have the nous to complain who will have their marks adjusted if necessary. This sounds like an almighty mess-up which could have been avoided so easily if children had been allowed to bring their own erasers with them. It sounds as though the invigilators were under the impression that theirs were just for emergency use rather than as a general resource.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Posts: 101
GSHopeful wrote:
I’ll let you know later what my DS says happened today x


Any update?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019