Selection review bucks (lea2124)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anotherdad

Re: Selection review

Post by anotherdad »

Firstly, well done to your child on such a good score.

Rounding down has to be done I'm afraid. It's a bit like ages, where you don't turn 21 until the day itself and are still 20 the day before.

There are lots of us on here who will help you through the process, so try not to rush into things. Have a thorough read of the appeal/review advice and come back with questions.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Does it say in the letter where/how to get a review pack? Some years you've had to e-mail and ask for one.
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

Guest55 wrote:Does it say in the letter where/how to get a review pack? Some years you've had to e-mail and ask for one.
Yes. Says to see the headteacher. So Tuesday we'll see her.
Etienne

Re: Selection review bucks

Post by Etienne »

Just to add that, if you want specific appeals advice for your own case, you should come back to the Appeals forum.
The other thread in the Bucks section seems to be mainly about local schools, which is appropriate.
    • 3. A regional forum is fine for general discussion about local schools and local issues, but if you want specific appeals advice about your own case, you should post on the Appeals forum where it is more likely to be seen by our members who help with appeals.

If you want to discuss your own case, please don't hijack someone else's topic.

Start your own thread on Appeals, and keep to it!

Please don't start multiple threads about your own case - it helps us to have all your appeal questions in one place.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 89#p409489" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
lea2124

Headteacher seeing many parents about selection reviews

Post by lea2124 »

Sorry about the title. Couldn't think of a better one!

If a Headteacher ends up supporting many selection reviews in her school does that affect the credibility of the Headteacher's reviews? Or would it not matter? I suppose it's not their fault there's lots of scores of around 117.

Thanks
Guest55

Re: Headteacher seeing many parents about selection reviews

Post by Guest55 »

It depends ... if they were all 1:1 and 2: 1 and very few qualified then it might not look great.

The strength of the data and the comments will make the difference for each child.
lea2124

when are selection reviews heard?

Post by lea2124 »

I know we have to have our forms in by 2nd Nov and the reviews are heard between Nov-Jan but does anyone know if there is a certain time that certain reviews are heard? So do they wait till all forms are in then divide them up by the STTS? Are all reviews with scores of 100-110 reviewed over 1 week then 111-120 in another week?

Will we ever know? Can't decide if it's better to have ours reviewed with other STTS of 120 or if it's better to be completely mixed up.

Any ideas/thoughts? Thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: when are selection reviews heard?

Post by Sally-Anne »

As far as I'm aware, cases are allocated to panels in the order in which they arrive. The only exceptions will be case where a panel member declares an interest. They're certainly not sorted by score!
lea2124

Re: when are selection reviews heard?

Post by lea2124 »

Sally-Anne wrote:As far as I'm aware, cases are allocated to panels in the order in which they arrive. The only exceptions will be case where a panel member declares an interest. They're certainly not sorted by score!
Oh good. Thanks. It's a shame we can't know sooner but I suppose everyone needs to find out on the same day.
lea2124

Year 2 SATs levels

Post by lea2124 »

Hi, what impact does the end of ks1 levels really have on a selection review?

Children all develop at different stages and judging a child on results that happened 4 years ago seems quiet harsh.
Or is it just there to show their progress?

As you can probably tell I'm questioning everything and doubting we'll be successful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now