Bucks Selection Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bucksmum33

Re: Bucks Selection Review

Post by bucksmum33 »

Det234 wrote:I’d like some help please! My daughter scored 117, we were expecting her to gain the necessary qualifying score. We are going to apply for a selection review, school are very supportive and teacher is going to fill in the forms over the weekend, I also have evidence coming from the young Carers association as she is a young carer for her sister who has autism, and a GP report as she came down with flu on the Sunday following the test. Any other help or advice would be very gratefully received!
So as i said in my original post on the Bucks page, I left nothing to chance. I used Mary's letter (there's a link to it somewhere) but I completely re-wrote it to suit my needs. I then submitted additonal supporitng material. That material (as you will read from the experts) needs to be fact and backed with evidence. For example, our alarm went off the night before (yes it's true!) and we had an engineer come the next day to fix it. We included his dated invoice.

But the most important thing I felt I did was how I structured the letter. It was bullet points, with appendixes, showing the panel EXACTLY where to go and what to look for. I did not want them fumbling around wasting those precious 3 minutes, trying to work out what was included and where to find it. I'm more than happy to show you my letter in a PM (if I can find it - which I now have). It was a work of art :D
Det234

Post by Det234 »

Thank you Bucksmum33 that would be fantastic
bucksmum33

Post by bucksmum33 »

So sorry for the delay. Do you still need it or have you submitted it already?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now