Marfa - Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Marfa

Marfa - Review

Post by Marfa »

Dear Bucksmum33 , dd scored 119 in bucks test and is shattered , we are considering review/appeal. She is in top sets for both maths and English. I am thinking of going for appeal or selection review but the entire process and stress associated is quite unnerving. We are about 2 Km out of catchment as well but can consider moving into catchment.
I had serious health issues which might have impacted her performance as well.
Would really appreciate if you can pm me your appeal letter to help me draft mine. Any help is greatly needed and appreciated. Thank you .
anotherdad

Re: Marfa - Review

Post by anotherdad »

Have a read of the comprehensive guidance on reviews and appeals first, so you understand the process.

Which school are you interested in and where (roughly, no detail needed) do you live now? That will tell us how likely you would be to secure a place after a successful review or appeal. Your current address will be the one used for allocations. If you move after the result of your review or appeal is known you will go into later rounds with your new address but there may not be places available by then.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)

While waiting for Bucksmum33 to see this, you'll find the letter she used as a template here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... aneous#e11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Marfa

Post by Marfa »

Thanks to both of you, We live in Kings Langley , Hertfordshire. Can move if it will help with review/ appeal decision. I am really scared to go for selection review as whatever I have read about it doesn’t look very encouraging.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

You are right on the cusp of last year's allocations for Aylesbury High School, Chesham Grammar and Dr Challoner's High. If you were successful at review you might squeeze into one of those but you might miss out altogether by being just too far away from any of them. It is very marginal for all three.

Moving won't help with a review or appeal decision. Reviews and appeals determine whether your daughter is deemed qualified or not. If a review or appeal were to be successful, then you are waiting to see if any of your chosen schools allocate as far out as King's Langley.

It's good to have a realistic view of your chances of success at review or appeal. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Assuming you have read through all the guidance on this site, you will know that your next step is to speak to your daughter's headteacher to see what s/he says. Don't start drafting an appeal letter, read the guidance and see the Head first. Then come back to us with what s/he says and any questions and we can help with next steps.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you move you might risk your other options. This is because if your review was unsuccessful and you are then in Bucks your daughter would be allocated an Upper school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now