Wrong child results received

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lolsmumdevon

Wrong child results received

Post by Lolsmumdevon »

Hi there. First post for me. Hoped not to have to do this one.
Just need advice really. My daughter did not achieve an eligible score to apply for her chosen GS. I’m sure everyone thinks this, but her result is very contrary to what her teachers expected, her mock result and children in lower school sets than her who got in.
She came out of the exam happy, confident and said she found it much easier than she’d anticipated. In her mock, the tuition centre she attended said she gained the highest score they’d seen. She is incredibly academic and has been working far beyond age related for most of her years at primary school.
The result is a huge shock to all of us especially her teachers.
Now for the questionable bit. Initially we received the wrong child’s results. After some sorting out, we eventually got new results with my daughters name on. Due to this error, it leads me to question has something actually gone wrong? And if it has, I don’t want to wait until March to appeal. The exam board was CEM who do not provide scores or feedback. Any advice?
Many Thanks
Etienne

Re: Wrong child results received

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)
Now for the questionable bit. Initially we received the wrong child’s results. After some sorting out, we eventually got new results with my daughters name on. Due to this error, it leads me to question has something actually gone wrong? And if it has, I don’t want to wait until March to appeal.
Presumably there has been correspondence from the admission authority about this. You could write back asking what checks have been made to ensure no further mistakes.

Some admission authorities offer a re-mark or check.
I take it this is not one of them?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’m sure everyone thinks this, but her result is very contrary to what her teachers expected, her mock result and children in lower school sets than her who got in.
Not everyone :) - but I'm afraid unexpected shocks do happen every year, without any errors. Whatever their record, some children simply do not perform well on the day.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now