Unsuccessful review 119

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Unsuccessful review 119

Post by Etienne »

I wonder how many questions I will be able to ask safely without seeming to be too forceful.
Some thoughts:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... school#c39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Sebs

Post by Sebs »

Thank you Etienne,

Very useful as always. I hope I can get through this.
Sebs

Post by Sebs »

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who provided valuable advise for our Stage 1. It went better than I expected. Parents were very well prepared and posed numerous questions to the LA rep and HT. The meeting continued for almost 2 hours and the panel took almost 1/2 hour to reach a decision. Overall a very good Q&A session. I really hope the panel as a result of the session feel that the school can take some extra pupils. Onto the next stage now!!!
Last edited by Sebs on Mon May 06, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebs

Post by Sebs »

Hi Etienne,

Looking for your advise again pls!!! We received the paperwork from our second school of appeal. They have provided a SR document which was not provided to us by school 1 or with the Selection review decision.

The form has the date of the session and Panel/clerk copy as the heading. It contains sections to be filled in about the decision process. Things like academic decision making process, consideration of extenuating circumstances, Moderation referral etc which are all left blank apart from DS’s information: Name, DOB, STTS score. No other sections have been filled out. No boxes are ticked. No clerk signature etc. Can you please advise if this is how this form should look like?

Thanks
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Could you send me a copy (not the personal information, but everything that comes afterwards)?

Glad to hear stage one was useful.
Etienne
Sebs

Post by Sebs »

Etienne wrote:Could you send me a copy (not the personal information, but everything that comes afterwards)?

Glad to hear stage one was useful.

I have just send it through. Thanks!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

This looks like a version of the form that the clerk previously used for recording the SRP's decisions. It mentions "2019 predicted performance", so it might have been an early draft for the current year.

If we compare with your actual review decision (which you sent us a copy of in February), the tick boxes appear to have been replaced by a range of options/set phrases.

For example, we've seen from other cases on here that this year the SRP are often coming up with a standard line such as "The panel noted that he/she did not qualify in 3/2/1 elements of the test"!

A not infrequent criticism by members in previous years was that tick boxes had been left unticked, or that sections of the form had not been completed.

The issue this year might possibly be whether the right options/set phrases have been selected!

Anyway, what you have is a blank, out-of-date form that has undoubtedly been issued in error.

There's no need for you to take any action. I feel sure the mistake will be corrected in due course.
Etienne
Sebs

Post by Sebs »

I thought this might have been an error. Thanks Etienne!
Sebs

Post by Sebs »

Hi Etienne,

We have had our first appeal hearing which has left us confused, with lots of questions and doubt about this entire process. We still have one more appeal to get through and am a bit reluctant to discuss the first appeal on the forum. Is it possible that I can PM you for some specific questions to help us for the second session.

Many thanks
Sebs
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Sorry, Sebs, but my PM facility is permanently switched off so that I can focus on the forum.

You are welcome to send confidential information to the Appeals Box, but would need to be able to frame some general questions to post on the forum.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now