Forgot to add in bucks grammar school in CAF berkshire

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: Forgot to add in bucks grammar school in CAF berkshire

Post by scary mum »

Does it look from the figures from previous years as though she would get a place at Becky High? It's quite a journey from Slough. You might be better trying for Burnham Grammar.
ETA: Becky High distance was under 8 miles last year, so I would think you might be slightly borderline for there, even if you did win a non qualification appeal.
scary mum
newbieuk

Post by newbieuk »

thank you everyone ,I will update you with p4ogress her3 , it wohld be great , if it could help others too in the future
KatharineB

Post by KatharineB »

Best case scenario is that you win an appeal (unlikely on your score even with good evidence), the journey is difficult to Becky High. That is if you manage to scrape into the distance radius for offers. My DCs best friend lives in Langley and got a place last year and they are currently paying £200 a month for a shared taxi to school and back every day. They tried to pressure me into sending my DC there too and she would have got a place but I knew it wouldn't have been sensible so left it off our CAF.

Baylis is a fantastic non selective that is getting very good results. They reserve some spaces for those applying via a dance or drama audition though so less spaces will be available via the CAF process. I don't know Eden but I wouldn't have been disappointed if mine had gone to Ditton or Langley Academy either.

You really have a good selection already on your CAF. I wouldn't risk the choices you have made for a very unlikely dream place. I'd actually say the CAF you did was great!
newbieuk

Post by newbieuk »

200 pounds for just travel ! wow,that doesn't sound like a good choice.
thank you scary mum and katherine ,I will look into the distances again , because I live near the Buckinghamshire border ,that's why I thought it's nearer to my residence.
We live in wexham so that falls in the south bucks border I believe,but I could be wrong ,I'll just check these details out again.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You may (just) be in reach there, but it's still a bad journey. And that is if you get through an appeal and then there are spaces in the later rounds - very late as the appeal would have to happen first. It sounds as though you have good options anyway. If you are keen on a Bucks school I would still look at Burnham Grammar, although again, the journey wouldn't be great from Wexham.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now