A Series of Unfortunate Events - Appeal Advice Needed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi ken

I forgot to say - when i fisrt became ware of Worcs 3 option policy (which was quite late and came as a total shock), I called Worc and asked them to explain why they have this policy and they said it was because Worc didn't have any selective GS and therefore didn't need more than 3 choices!

I expressed how shocked I was, and said 'I bet you've had lots of complaints about this from other parents' and they said that they hadn't had one!! They must of mislaid yours (and all the others)!

The main problem is - like me, parents find out about this too late and if they were to complain/compaign against this, it would be too late for their child anyway! Then their child either gets in (and this injustice is forgotton) or they don't and the time consuming appeal ordeal begins!

Lottie
tense

Post by tense »

Lottie

Here in Herts we only have three choces too. In my part of the county we are very close to the borders of the London boroughs where parents get six choices. Needless to say, they can rank the popular Herts schools and look to closer to home for sensible back up options...whereas Herts parents are more restricted. It's galling.

Sorry, a bit off topic.

Good luck!
lottie

Its so frustrating!

Post by lottie »

Hi Tense (appropriate name, for us all!)

My theory why they do it is - because they feel competitive towards their neighbouring LEA (which is judged by league tables), and feel why should they loose all their best students to another district!

So they choose to restrict our choices. If it wasn't for their policy our d could have told all her friends and family members that she had passed and was going to a KE GS, but instead because of this system she feels that she has failed!

Lottie
lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi All

Just to let you know that our Daughter has now been offered a place......

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We've had a very hard fight, but with SUPER SUPER advice from Ken R we've come out of the other side victorious!!

I have to go to the dentist now, but will come back and give more detail in the next hour or so.

Lottie :D :D :D :D :D :D

Still thinking of all who are still going through this very stressful time.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Wonderful news, Lottie.

Ken has given you fantastic advice with regard to local preferences and late applications, and has kindly kept me in touch with developments throughout March.

I'm so pleased that your efforts - and his - have been crowned with success.

Enjoy! :D
Etienne
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

I'm so very pleased for you and your daughter Lottie!

Well done to both you and KenR!

Enjoy your belated March 2nd celebrations..

AM
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Well done Lottie and family, I've been watching your posts with interest,so happy for you....CELEBRATE!! :D :D
lottie

Post by lottie »

Thanks Etienne, Appeal Mum & Proud mum x2 (all familiar names on the forum)

Reading you postings of congratulations have made me cry again!!

We are still all in shock, especially daughter as she was not expecting it at all - she is so happy :D :D

Kind Regards
Lottie
KenR

Post by KenR »

Congratulations Lottie

I really am delighted for you, your daughter and family.

Best wishes

Ken
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

So pleased for you and your daughter!
You can look forward to September now with no panicking!

GM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now