Appeal to ashlawn re mfl entry

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FelixJ1

Appeal to ashlawn re mfl entry

Post by FelixJ1 »

Hi

My daughter scored 423 in the mfl test which is another way into the school. This year the aqs was highest it’s ever been at 433. Previous years aqs has been 414-422. Should I appeal? How would I word it? Is it worth it?

Thanks

J
kenyancowgirl

Re: Appeal to ashlawn re mfl entry

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Assume you have not seen this?

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read through the information at the top of the Appeals section of the forum and then you can post specific questions if you still hvae them.
FelixJ1

Post by FelixJ1 »

thanks as my
Appeal isn’t 11 plus I’m in “limbo”. Advice would be greatly
Received tho
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Did you only name the Selective stream on your CAF, or both Selective and non-selective (as the school advises, looking briefly at its Selective admissions policy)?

If you applied for both but failed to get a place under either criterion, then you can certainly appeal for the non-selective stream under the general heading of, 'Why the prejudice (disadvantage) to my DD of not going to this school outweighs the prejudice to the school of having to admit another pupil'. If the school treats the Selective stream separately, then in an appeal for that, you would have to show that your DD was of suitable ability, as well as that the prejudice to her outweighs that to the school etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
FelixJ1

Post by FelixJ1 »

Thanks I am at loss tbh at what to put. It’s via nonselectine route
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

a lot of the section C - applying to oversubscribed school - applies to whatever route you are using https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... -school#c1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;