Invicta Grammar School Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SolyMar

Re: Invicta Grammar School Appeal

Post by SolyMar »

SolyMar wrote:
Etienne wrote:
Also have a document for the predicted KS2 and the predictions are very good. All CAT 4 scores were good.
In which case these are important points and should be included above.

It's not easy to say what a good CAT score is for appeal purposes, although personally I'd have been comfortable with 124.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as traveling arrangements it would be helpful if DD can travel by bus with her sister (one bus ride), school allocated is 1.5hrs (4 changes of bus). The bullying made a big impact on ....... wellbeing, she had low self esteem and stopped eating
It wasn't clear above that this is linked with bullying, and there was no mention of supporting evidence.

The panel may enquire as to the likelihood of the bullies travelling in the same direction.
The grammar school advised to send in a more detailed letter
They are "the opposition" so (unless it was the clerk to the appeal panel) I'm not sure they should be advising you. :?
I accept, though, that the advice was well-intentioned.

What an appeal panel really wants to see is the supporting evidence.
The bullying happened in Year 5, the boys in question were in Year 6 and have now moved on to secondary schools. The classes (year 5 & 6) are together. They wouldn't be traveling on the same bus as they attend a school nearby
In reference to the CAT scores it's just to highlight the fact that the SAT results aren't a true reflection on DD capability
SolyMar

Post by SolyMar »

Morning all,
Unfortunately our appeal wasn't successful although we proved that DD is working at greater depth and provided all recent test results. Obviously we are very upset but have to move forward now and think of plan 2. I did put down Valley Park (sister Academy School) as 3rd choice but wasn't offered a place. I didn't appeal this decision but have now been advised to do so but have to be quick as appeals are being heard 1st week in June. I'm very confused & unsure as to how I go about this now. The school isn't in our catchment, only her sister attends Invicta Grammar which is next door. Can anyone offer any advice? Am I right in saying that I would need to supply all new evidence? As all the paperwork I have is in reference to Invicta. Any help will be very much appreciated
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

SolyMar wrote:I didn't appeal this decision but have now been advised to do so but have to be quick as appeals are being heard 1st week in June. I'm very confused & unsure as to how I go about this now.
If you need a bit more time, you could return your appeal form stating “Full details of case to follow”.
Read about the deadline for evidence here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The school isn't in our catchment, only her sister attends Invicta Grammar which is next door. Can anyone offer any advice?
I'm afraid only you can say what your reasons are, and, when questioned, defend those reasons at the appeal.
Typical reasons are shown here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Am I right in saying that I would need to supply all new evidence?
I would have thought so. It's a different appeal and you will need to give your reasons for Valley Park.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now