Mindthegap appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ariadne

Re: Mindthegap appeal

Post by ariadne »

Thanks here we go for your good wishes. Yes it is very stressful, but for the first time in months there is nothing more we can do, which is a bit more comfortable.
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

The whole thing is hideous. Our daughter knows we are appealing, other children have talked about appeals so we couldnt keep it from her. She doesn't know when it is though. Do they weigh your case up against others?
Mindthegap

Any last minute tips before appeal tomorrow?

Post by Mindthegap »

We have 3 areas to discuss - extenuating circumstances, her academic growth since taking the test and the emotional impact on her of not getting the grammar she wants. It's all very clear in our statement but we will go through it all again.

Is there anything I've missed? Am very very nervous and I'm fairly sure I will cry.
ariadne

Re: Any last minute tips before appeal tomorrow?

Post by ariadne »

(you'll be sick of me soon)

Have you practised your answer for why this school is uniquely placed to meet her needs? "Best" is a good argument but "Only" is better because it shows actual detriment to the child if they don't get in. Is it the only school that offers Klingon/seated volleyball/triple science?
Mindthegap

Re: Any last minute tips before appeal tomorrow?

Post by Mindthegap »

Not sick of you at all.
No I haven't got a reason why this specific school is able to meet her needs. Nothing that her allocated school wont also offer.
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

It's done. Nice to have it out the way. Really not sure how it went. The panel didnt ask us any questions.
authormum

Post by authormum »

Well done and good luck. They only asked us a couple of questions too. Perhaps just an indication of a clearly presented case?
Did they say how long the wait would be for news? Our appeal was almost 3 weeks ago, so they must be nearly done now.
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

Will know in 12 days.
Thank you. We did everything we could!
ariadne

Post by ariadne »

That seems a very long time. Are there a lot of other appeals still to be heard?
authormum

Post by authormum »

ariadne wrote:That seems a very long time. Are there a lot of other appeals still to be heard?
I asked - the last appeals will take place this Wednesday. Then 5 days as per usual to confer and get the letters out. They started three weeks ago. I have to say, that must be an exhausting month for the panel.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now