Non qualification appeals 2019

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sandy march

Non qualification appeals 2019

Post by Sandy march »

Hi there,
My kid took 11plus exam and was unsuccessful to gain a place in any of the grammar schools in Gloucestershire. Since she's a very bright kid as parents we were shocked!!!
Could anyone help me w.r.t the documentation.
Will educational psychologists report help???if so can anyone pass me the number of the Educational psychologists in Gloucestershire.

Thanks.
Etienne

Re: Non qualification appeals 2019

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Lots of reading to do.
Start here.

Advice about educational psychologists can be found in the Q&As.

Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.
Etienne
Sandy march

Post by Sandy march »

Etienne thanks a lot!!!!
Sandy march

Post by Sandy march »

Hi Etienne,
As per your advice finished going through the appeals
Q/A section.Now i have few questions-
1) As i understand the paperwork submitted by school will also be sent to the parent right???
When iam making my appeal application i have no clue abt my kid scores in both the papers, w.r.t this when i called up the school where she took up her test..they said they cannot provide the scores of my child.
So should i jst mention- my kid took up her test and did not acheive the required score????
In the forum many have mentioned the marks which made me a bit confused:(

2)When you are appealing in academic grounds,is it ok to show the mock test results???

3)Since now shez been allocated a school which is reported by ofstead as needs improvement....
Will it be worth mentioning this or will it make the case worst ,since iam criticising the other school???:(

4)She has an ongoing Medical condition (she was very tired n restless when she came out of the test and jst said iam feeling short of breath---is this worth saying to the panel at the hearing or put it on to the application.???
Aswell as change in home & school.Can i mention all this under extenuating circumtances????

Hoping you can get back to me on this plz.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Sandy march wrote: 1) As i understand the paperwork submitted by school will also be sent to the parent right???
Yes, it should be sent to you by the appeal clerk a week or two before the hearing.
When iam making my appeal application i have no clue abt my kid scores in both the papers, w.r.t this when i called up the school where she took up her test..they said they cannot provide the scores of my child.
If the school holds this information, we think you're entitled to a copy:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So should i jst mention- my kid took up her test and did not acheive the required score???? (
Yes.
2)When you are appealing in academic grounds,is it ok to show the mock test results???
See the Q&As B64:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3)Since now shez been allocated a school which is reported by ofstead as needs improvement....
Will it be worth mentioning this or will it make the case worst ,since iam criticising the other school???:(
See C35:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... school#c35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4)She has an ongoing Medical condition (she was very tired n restless when she came out of the test and jst said iam feeling short of breath---is this worth saying to the panel at the hearing or put it on to the application.???
You should put it in your appeal paperwork, and include medical evidence of the condition.
Can the current school confirm that it affects her work?
Aswell as change in home & school.Can i mention all this under extenuating circumtances????
Yes, but remember that academic evidence of high academic ability is much more important than extenuating circumstances:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hoping you can get back to me on this plz.
I hope this helps.
Etienne
Sandy march

Post by Sandy march »

Thank you :) Etienne.
In the headteacher's support letter can i ask her to add a sentence saying- "In spite of the health issue this pupil is working on greater depth...& at certain times when the kid is ill the performance may go dwn".

Or plz can you suggest to put this up in a better way.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Assuming she agrees with the point being made, I see no reason why you shouldn't ask the head if she could write something along the lines "In spite of the health issue, X is working at greater depth. At certain times when she is ill her performance may be affected, but I do think she is suitable for grammar school, and her appeal has my very strong support".
Etienne
authormum

Post by authormum »

Hi Etienne,
I just wanted to say thank you for all the information you put in the appeals section, it is so comprehensive and well structured and was a big help in putting together our appeal for Glos this year. So much so I didn't have any questions! Also a huge help in understanding the process itself.
Much appreciated.
Sandy march

Post by Sandy march »

Hi Etienne
Is there any info abt the schools in gloucester exceeding the PAN???? if so how do we find out how many extra's they have admitted.
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

Sandy march wrote:Hi Etienne
Is there any info abt the schools in gloucester exceeding the PAN???? if so how do we find out how many extra's they have admitted.
I got the information about PAN for STRS from their website under requests under the Freedom of Information act. You could look there perhaps?