Stage 2 appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Re: Stage 2 appeal

Post by Etienne »

Bepositive wrote:My question is, can I just repeat what I’ve already written in my original appeal form. I’ve given all the reasons on that cover letter and there is nothing much to add or say.
Would it be ok to repeat please?
Also would the panel members read my case ( my cover letter and supporting documents which I gave in March) in advance or would they come with fresh mind, without knowing what my case is all about?
The panel will have read your appeal - it's why the paperwork is sent out to everyone in advance - but it would be a good idea to remind them of your main points.
See the Q&As:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Bepositive

Post by Bepositive »

Thanks Etinne and others for the valuable informations.

We had our case on Friday. (When I saw all 5 of them, I went blank...).

The panel didn’t want me to repeat about my child and said that they already know, my child is a superstar.

Mostly they compared the appealed school and allocated school and asked lots of Qs.
Also about the other appeal and about that school.
(If you have a 2nd appeal, visit that school and have information about that school on your finger tips)

They didn’t bother about the summing up. When I asked about it, they gave me a choice.
No good feelings, but it’s all over now
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You should have been ask to / whether you wanted to sum up, but in mitigation, everyone forgets things sometimes and it may have been a long day for the Chair.

Re your advice to make sure peeps have visited any other school for which they are appealing, I'm not sure why one would apply for, let alone appeal for, a school which one had not visited?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now