Stationery

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumofgirls

Stationery

Post by Mumofgirls »

Good afternoon all. My daughter sat her exam today and we were advised that they were prohibited from bringing their own stationery as it would all be provided. There was not a rubber on the desks, my daughter raised her hand before the test began to query it and was told that they didn’t have enough for everyone so would have to put their hands up if one was needed. My daughter had to raise her hand and wait for a rubber 5 times during the exam for corrections. Reading this back I know it sounds petty but it concerns me about the interruption to the flow of concentration and the wait each time for an adult to bring the rubber over to her. Obviously we are not at the stage of appeals yet but was just interested to hear others thoughts on today’s events. Many thanks in advance.
rhiane

Re: Stationery

Post by rhiane »

Not petty at all, actually I think that is quite appalling.

Very bad organisation and really unfair and disrupting for your DD!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I would log it now with whichever authority administers your test - ask them to make a note of it on your DDs record in case you do have to go to appeal next year - at least then it has been recorded from today - hopefully the invigilator log will also reflect this.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They knew how many students had applied and how many exam papers they would need so why didn't they make sure they had enough rubbers as well.

How could they have only just realised they would not have enough. Surely registration closed months ago? DG
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Who gave you this advice? The local authority Admissions team? The school in question? Was it in writing? Do you have the letter or email? That will help.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Thank you all for taking the time to reply and for reassuring me that my concerns are valid. That’s a good idea about logging it now, I’ll find out who I need to make aware. I’ve no idea why there weren’t enough it seems ridiculous to me as like you say they knew how many children would be present. It might not make any difference at all but it has really frustrated me.
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

[quote="Twinkle"]Who gave you this advice? The local authority Admissions team? The school in question? Was it in writing? Do you have the letter or email? That will help.[/quote

Yes the local authority admissions letter stated all stationery was prohibited, I have the letter.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Thats good. Definitely get the issue logged. Rubbers are essential in multiple choice. Where was this out of interest?
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

Twinkle wrote:Thats good. Definitely get the issue logged. Rubbers are essential in multiple choice. Where was this out of interest?
AGS, Warwickshire
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

I am not familiar with Warks or AGS but If the test was taken at other test centres in the county it would be useful to find out whether rubbers were available at the other test centres.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now